Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help/Suggestions Please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adhesion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adhesion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help/Suggestions Please!
    Posted: August 12 2008 at 10:29am
I am a natural dark ash blonde w/ fine hair and I have been using L'Oreal Colour Expert for years to dye and highlight my hair in that same basic color range.  Recently I decided I wanted to go darker and give my hair a rest from bleach.  I started with a temporary med. ash brown which I really liked, so I decided to do the same color permenant with Natural Match.  It came out WAY too dark, but actually did not look too terrible (to me at least) and my hair felt and behaved healthy.  However, after about a month of listening to "family" complaint that my hair was too dark I decided to add some orange/copper highlights around my face to lighten the look, BUT they came out a sick looking yellow and splotchy!  So then I tried to color over the highlights with the brown, but it came out all splotchy too!  I called the hotline and they recommended I get the L'Oreal Preference in a warmer medium brown and recolor which I did about a week ago.  My problem is that now my hair is really too dark, it's dull when I don't extra condition, but it's flat when I do condition, and i'm already starting to see some of the highlights coming through as I wash! 

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I cannot afford to go to a salon.  I'm going to get a cut and try changing my part to cover the highlights, but how long do I need to wait to try fixing my color?  Is there any way to add the copper/orange highlights that won't come out sick looking? 

At the very least, I would like my hair to be a shade or two lighter with even color.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rebwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 11:49am

First off Kudos to you for making that color expert work.  I think what you can do is to wait for those highlighted areas that you do not like to fade then rebleach them so they aren't so splotchy.  Sounds like what happened is when you applied the bleach, it wasn't done so evenly, or it's possible that the bleach dried in those spots but not in the others.  It would work to rebleach just those spots that are not light enough.  Careful not to over lap.

Remember that everything fades, so often it's best to let that happen.  You can get colorfix and start all over, but I don't think that's necessary.  Remember too that hair color is just an illusion.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

Rebekah
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Rebwil Rebwil wrote:

First off Kudos to you for making that color expert work.  I think what you can do is to wait for those highlighted areas that you do not like to fade then rebleach them so they aren't so splotchy.  Sounds like what happened is when you applied the bleach, it wasn't done so evenly, or it's possible that the bleach dried in those spots but not in the others.  It would work to rebleach just those spots that are not light enough.  Careful not to over lap.

Remember that everything fades, so often it's best to let that happen.  You can get colorfix and start all over, but I don't think that's necessary.  Remember too that hair color is just an illusion.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

Rebekah

This is good advice! I also think you should let it fade, because it will and FAST!LOL If you're desperate you could juse ColorFix or Color Oops on just the highlighted areas that you coloured over to get them back to the bleach orangey stage. Then try to rebleach them to pale blonde. Once they are pale, you can tone them with a neutral demi or semi colour or just wash them with violet shampoo/conditioner to take away the brass. After all of what you have done so far to your hair, it's porous and damaged. You should definitely get into regular deep treatments so you can bring your hair back to health! Good luck!Tongue
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic