Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting Fine Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting Fine Hair
    Posted: November 15 2008 at 12:09pm

Hi! I'm new to the forum.  I have very fine, very thin hair.  When I get my  ash brown hair highlighted, the highlight is either too solid or not enough.  I rarely have it done so it looks like it is streaked with blond with some of my natural color showing.  I explain what I want and it rarely is done the way I want.  I even take pictures.  As for the color, I take my hair piece with me so they leave it yellow enough and still most of the time it is too light and ashy.  I will appreciate any help on how to communicate with my hairdresser.  I live near Stroudsburg PA.  If anyone out there has thin hair and has a hairdresser that knows how to work on fine hair, please let me know.Cry   

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 2:57pm
You say your hair is fine.....is it also thin?  In other words, fine means your cuticle is not very round (baby fine).  Is your hair thin in that you don't have alot of hair also?  I ask because I have a few clients like this.  If your stylist is using foil, it is highly doubtful that they can do what you want.  YOu might want to consider using a cap.  You can distribute pretty easily and as much as you want.  Just an idea......
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 6:40pm
Thanks for replying.  My hair is very fine and also very thin.  I was told my hair is too fragile to pull through a cap.
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 6:42pm
I forgot, my stylist uses foils.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 9:21am
Unless your hair is "fried", your hair isn't too fragile to pull through a cap.  how long is your hair now?
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 10:24am
My hair is chin lenghth.  My hair is fried.  It has been highlighted and low lighted many times. The sides and back hardly grow.  My hair is so thin that i can't wear it down, you can see right through it.  Everyone on both sides of my family have very poor hair.  I just try to get the top and sides to look decent because I wear my hair up with a hair piece.  The cap sounds like a good idea if the color can be distributed easier.  I'm in the process of finding a new hairdresser so I will discuss this with one when I find one.  
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 10:28am
If you can provide a picture, I would love to help you through this process.  Where do you live?
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 11:07am
I live in Buskill PA, The Pocono Mountains.  As for a picture, I have to find one.  I only have pictures of me with a hair piece on.   How do I send it?  I don't want it posted.  My color never looks true color in my pictures
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 12:33pm
I sent you a Private message with my email.  feel free to send it to my email and we can discuss over email....
turtlelovesjems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtlelovesjems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:11pm
I have the same problem, excpet they tell me that it is too long to pll threw the cap. and it gets into knots really fast that way. And ideas for me?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic