Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions about ear hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JerethR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerethR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions about ear hair
    Posted: December 25 2008 at 3:44am
I recently had my haircut only to have the woman cutting my hair inexplicably shove her razor into my ear and start shaving there. I was thinking WTF is this lady doing. This has never happened before. I do not have visible ear hair.

Now my ears actually feel painful. They seem more sensitive to sound (not that I can hear better, but now loud sound hurts), and my hunch is that ear hair serves a purpose, probably dealing with protecting the inner ear from certain sounds/preventing wax from entering the inner ear etc. My ears are definitely more sensitive to cold now. Plus, it feels like shaved hair in there now, which I think is gross.

Now I am trying to do the relevant research to see what I've loss, and when or if it will grow back. Lots of middle age/older men have ear hair but I doubt they've ever actually cut theirs, so it might take a lifetime to regrow. I am 20. There's just about NO information I can find on this - every single site is dedicated to ear hair removal - so now I am resorting to popular hairstyle forums for finding information.

If anyone can provide any relevant information on ear hair:
- its purpose and function
- how long it takes to regrow
- if cutting it influences the regrowth (will it be thicker? darker?)
- any scientific articles written about the function/uniqueness of ear hair

I have subscribed to this post, so I will get all replies and respond within the day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic