Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP with dull hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP with dull hair
    Posted: January 13 2009 at 11:22am
My extensions are getting dull already.  Less than 2 weeks.  How can I revive them?  What is safe to put on that will give it a shine?  Y aknow a moisturizing spray of some sort?

Is there something that is put on better quality hair that keeps the hair shiny and soft?  Or do they all get dull because they are not rooted anymore?
Nuclear Doll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 12:17pm
Lots of conditioner, and a nice shine spray! Sephora has some nice ones!
lissem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 11:09am
I've got the same problem, and I only wear Bohyme hair...  and I've tried all kinds of shine sprays, but they always leave my hair with an oily, sticky feeling.

I know this sounds like a funny question, but what kind of water do you have?  Is it hard water, well water, soft water???  My boyfriend lives on a farm, and I absolutely CANNOT wash my extensions in his well water...  not only do they end up dull, but the hair feels like it has a rough coating on it.

I did some research on the internet, and I read that some types of water will supposedly leave mineral deposits & residue on your skin & hair...  to me, this theory makes sense, especially after my own experiences washing blond hair in well water and ending up with rust-colored highlights.

Anyways, I heard about a demineralizing product made by Malibu Wellness, and I tried it last week.  I think it is absolutely AMAZING, I could not believe how bright & shiny my hair looked, and it's not that expensive. 

Take a look at their website www.malibuwellness.com -- I bought the hard water demineralizer, Malibu crystal gel, and the sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner -- all three products are great!

Let me know if you want more information, I'd be more than happy to share my experience!  When I was a teenager, I used to have wavy hair...  as I got older, my hair started to straighten with a weird flip at the ends...  after I used Malibu Wellness, my hair went wavy again, and I haven't had that in almost 20 years!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic