Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home relaxer to touch up roots after JHS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aihpos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aihpos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home relaxer to touch up roots after JHS?
    Posted: February 18 2009 at 2:39pm
Hi,
I got my last Japanese Straightening done in August. I've had it done about 4 times now. Originally, I had VERY curly, kinky, puffy, frizzy hair. Now that my roots have grown in quite a lot, it looks very wierd, puffy and ugly and i use my Chi straightener everyday.

My question is..do you know any at home relaxer i can use to touch up the roots that won't cause a lot of damage? I am obviously expecting some damage as my hair already has some but I don't want to end up bald. I will not be putting the relaxer over the previously treated hair. I heard phytospecific relaxer is a good choice, and I have read many good things about it. Would this work? Please let me know, I would love to not have to drive 2 hours to get my roots touched up and pay a lot more. Also, my mom has her hair cutting license so she could apply the hair relaxer for me.

Any help would be great! Thank you (:
nati84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nati84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 2:04am
I would try Rusk Anti-Curl. I use that in between my BKT's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic