Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2color dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winters1bloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winters1bloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2color dye
    Posted: March 20 2009 at 1:39pm

I can remember what its called when the top layers of hair are one color and underneath layers are a different color (I see alot of girls with blonde and dark brown) I would really like to try this but with very 'un-natural' colors. How do I know where to start each color to make them seem balanced? Is there a measurement I can go by, like top of the ear or something along those lines?

Ps pictures would be a great help!

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 2:14pm
A very tricky job to do by yourself, I would recommend you get this done professionally.

Its done by taking zig zag sections about 1 1/2 inches above the ear, into a horse shoe section all around the head, all the hair on top of the head is completely clipped up out of the way. The darker or lighter colour is place on back of the head all the way around, right down to the nape, then covered with loads of foil. Then the top section is then unclipped section by section and the alternate colour is applied. Its a messy job, and pretty tricky.
karen sanderson
winters1bloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winters1bloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 2:10pm
Thanks for your help! That is about what i did and it worked :) and was a little messy lol but the tin foil worked just fine for keeping it seprate.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:21pm
Hi, so pleased it worked out for youSmile
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic