Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going to go for a shorter style this weekend.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rose.S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to go for a shorter style this weekend.
    Posted: June 24 2009 at 12:18am

I've made an appointment with the salon for a cut this weekend. Currently I've got a very short blunt bob that is level with my lips with a slightly longish fringe. Anyway, seeing as my hair is already at a short length, I would like to try a shorter style. I'm undecided between trying Pink's shaggy shortish style cut and the gorgeous cut that victoria beckham had (when it was bleached blond, cut shortish in the back and longish at the front).

Does anyone know how to describe the cuts to the stylist? Are they both cut with scissors? Just for extra info, I'm of an asian background so I have straight hair that is very straight so if anyone has pictures of cuts with shorter backs and length in the front then links or pics are very welcome. Thanks.
Justchloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justchloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 3:13pm
Both the Pink and Victoria Beckham's styles are so cute.  Either choice, you can't lose. I've had many different variations of the VB style before, very similar to the pics above.  I believe my stylist cut mine w/ texturized scissors-that is what works best for my hair(as a razor makes it look too fuzzy).   Just ask your stylist what he/she thinks would work best for you.  Good luck! 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 6:12pm
VB's style in the pictures is a very nice style; Pink's really isn't a style, it's just a short haircut.  VB's looks much, much better.  Good luck this weekend and please let us know how it turns out.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 7:23pm
How did it go?
HAWG
Rose.S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 7:22pm
Hi Hawg, the stylist didn't cut it as how I wanted it to look. It's currently just a shorter bob than before with textures as he thinned the bob out. Not sure I like it. I guess I look ok but it just looks boring for some reason I can't explain. My previous blunt bob looked good, this one is just boring.
I'll probably go to a different stylist when it grows out a bit and go for one last short style before growing my hair long again.
I think shorter hair is more maintenance than having longer hair. Anyway, if you would like some pics, send me an email at financegenie@gmail.com and I will email you some of my pics (with my face blurred of course) going from long to the blunt bob to the current style (not even sure if it's a style :/ )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic