Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1-800 number not so helpful?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keekee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keekee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1-800 number not so helpful?
    Posted: July 11 2009 at 11:00pm
Hey there, New to this site... and very sad i am.. As it so INFORMATIVE!

anywho.. Here's my story.

-Had dark chocolate hair with platinum chunks in it a month and a half ago.
-Had it lightened to a light blonde professionally (i'd say a level 9) in 1 bleaching session and a 2nd "highlighting" session.
-Now have "patches" of neutral blonde, strawberry blonde ( was orangie but purchased some violet shampoo / conditioner feeewf! ) & platinium all in the top of my hair!
-have 5n brown on the bottom part of my hair because it was so fried! & some weird caramel shades between the blonde and the brown which is fine.
-my hair was fried ( like i mean can't comb it or it all would fall out damaged ), i have done a million treatments and now i'd say its probably normal. Not ultra healthy but not fried.
- I look like a german shepard with about 5 different colors in my hair.
-too broke to go back to hair stylist.
- have a wedding to attend in 2.5 weeks and don't want to look like a german shepard.

Here is my hair RIGHT NOW!

Here you can see the goldie highlights..
So! I went to the store and don't know anything about box dyes.. Just picked up some random dye ( a soft beige blonde, so pretty! )

lucky me... i looked online and realized it doesn't seem to have a bleach to it.. therefore won't "lift" right?

So i call 1-800 lady.. And she rips my head off saying I can't put bleach on already bleached hair or it will all fall out? Told me to just use a neutral medium blonde and hope it neutralizes some of the millions of colors? Well the blonde she suggested is a good 2 shades darker then i am.

OK.

My Questions Are:

Can I or Should i buy a box with a lifter in it ie. blondissmes and lift the blondes  (including the "strawberry" blonde color ) to make one uniform light blonde?

or should i purchase a light blonde COLOR ( not a medium and make my hair darker vs lighter ) in a biege/neutral ( or ash like my friend said) to keep my level of blonde but simmer down all the colors??

many thanks in advance for your help with this!! :)

Edited by keekee - July 11 2009 at 11:21pm
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 9:57pm
Here is a forum for blondes that has lots of helpful info:
You might get more help there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic