Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach Bath on a Kinky Curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deceitful77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deceitful77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach Bath on a Kinky Curly
    Posted: July 16 2009 at 2:33pm
Hi.  This is my first kinky curly and it's becoming a little too matted in certain areas, so I want to perform a bleach bath on it.  I've read several bleach bath tutorials and I'm almost certain that I've got the process down.  But I am confused on one thing.  I know that you're supposed to comb the hair while it's in the solution.  But, even when my kinky curly was brand new there are so many curls and the curls are so tight, that it's impossible to run a comb through the curls.  Will it be easy to run a comb through the curls once it's soaked in the bleach? Or should I just finger comb?
:)
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 4:56am
yes it is, but you start running the comb thru at the ends first, and then work your way up to the top... make sure the water is hot..

COMB THAT UNIT OUT COMPLETELY B4 IT TOUCHES THE WATER..Ok mircowave the hot tap water only for 2 min. YOU ADD THE BLEACH TO THE WATER AFTER YOU HEATED THE WATER NOT BEFORE. you should fix a big mixing bowl with shampoo and conditioner b/c you will dip the unit in that shampoo/conditoner solution in between the 2 parts.. the bleach a little MORE THAN THE 1/4TH A CUP BUT less than 1/2 cup + one gallon of water, put in the bleach and water for 3 minutes lift it up every now DURING THAT 3 MIN., and then with a wide tooth comb attempt to comb thru starting at the ends.. its not necessary to get it detangled in this part, just start it and let it soak in that bleach for the full 3 min.s use a timer..

dip in the shampoo/conditioner, while you prepare A NEW BATCH OF WATER FOR THE AMMONIA SOLUTION (NEVER MIX AMMONIA AND BLEACH TOGETHER)(mircowave the water 2 mins) (AGAIN NEVER HEAT THE WATER WITH THE AMMONIA IN IT, ADD IT AFTER THE WATER IS HEATED NOT BEFORE) for the ammonia a little MORE THAN THE 1/4TH A CUP but a little less than 1/2 cup + 3 CUPS OF WATER (not a gallon) the extra percentage of bleach and ammonia amounts are for a unit that has already matted b4 ONLY, not one that's trying to prevent matting. You need to stick with the 1/4 th cup measurement for prevention..

when you put it in the ammonia mix, put it all the way down in there for 3 min's use a timer. lift it up and being the combing again, and comb it all the way thru then lay it back down in the solution to soak, do a comb thru a couple of times during the 3 min process.. you'll see the tangles come out completely easy in the ammonia.. the ammonia part is the truth for detangle.

then put back in the shampoo/conditioner solution.. then squeeze the excess water out, and begin to saturate it completely with conditioner comb it thru again, it should be silky smooth and tangle free now. and put it in a zip lock baggie UNLOCKED, just fold it over, and nuke it for 30 SECONDS ONLY.. and then just let it sit in the conditioner a little bit.. then remove from the baggie, (don't rinse yet) and place it back on the wig head and pin it down.. then begin the rinse of the conditioner out of the hair running your finger thru the hair in a downward direction.. and finish the rinse and let it air dry..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic