Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bad hair and clueless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
changemyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changemyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad hair and clueless
    Posted: August 18 2009 at 4:35pm
right, i know its probably odd for a guy to come on something like this but i really am desperate...

i know nothing about hair, i have the worse hair in the world, and i want to do something about it.

i have to have a grade 2 crew cut everytime i go to the barbers because i just dont know what to do with my hair! i grew it once in school/college and it turned into a mess of an afro.

its dry, frizzes, tight curls in parts, and really thick. its been compared to 'brillo pad' and carpet, which isnt a bad description.

for someone who is 22 years old, i still get teased about it, which cant be healthy hehe.

what can i do to achieve anything that isnt what i have? i would love to be able to 'tame' it and embrace the curls but that sounds harder than to have it straight-ish and be able to 'do things' with it.

i would be so grateful for any advice please. any products that might help me, whether i need to go to a stylist or something.. i really am clueless lol..

thanks for any help anyone can give.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:16am
Do you use any products in it?  Since your hair sounds very dry, you need moisture. You can try rubbing a lil olive oil in your hair when its wet to lock in moisture. 

Or you can try a lil Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.  To me its kind of thick, so I'd apply it when my hair a lil damp (not too runny/wet wet lol) and rub it throughout my hair.  If you use too much it may leave your hair looking white and kinda sticky.

HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic