Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will this work?... Trying to go closer to natural!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this work?... Trying to go closer to natural!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wolfleur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this work?... Trying to go closer to natural!
    Posted: October 25 2009 at 9:22am
Hi! I've been a bit of a lurker on here for some time now, and I've now got a question of my own!

I am naturally a medium/dark blonde with bits of almost platinum thrown in, but I've been dying my hair dark brown and red for the last four to five years. I'd really like to get closer to my natural hair color, or at least color level, but I'm very hesitant to use bleach thanks to an awful experience at a salon last year when I first decided I wanted to go back to medium/dark blonde... ended up dying my hair red and cutting almost six inches off (but my hair is still long-- mid back length.

So I've been doing research, and I think I have a plan for how to achieve this, but I wanted opinions before I went ahead and did it...

I was thinking about using One 'n Only ColorFix to get the dark out of my hair (I know it won't get me back to natural, but I was hoping it would get me back to the natural level of my hair), and then dying medium blonde with a 20 or 30% developer (I was thinking of just getting two bottles and using whichever would work best after using colorfix. But here are my questions:

1. I know that developers don't work to lighten dyed hair, but do you think that after using colorfix, it would work on the hair that had been previously dyed?

2. Most importantly, does any one have experience using colorfix, and if so, did it get your hair back to its natural level??

Does anyone have any advice for me? Ugh, I just don't want to have to bleach my hair and deal with fried ends and white roots again... seriously, I am now to the point where I'd rather do this on my own and if something goes wrong, I can blame myself and not some salon...

Thanks for reading, and any advice would be more than welcome! Thanks!! :)

Edit:

I just realized, I should probably add that my hair is no longer full-on red-- I dyed it medium copper brown about two months ago... the real reason I want to try to get back to natural. It just looks awful. My roots are super light and ashy compared to the color, and it seems all the copper has concentrated to the front of my hair... yuck...

Edited by wolfleur - October 25 2009 at 9:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic