Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need s/o to talk to who understands/ new to LFW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need s/o to talk to who understands/ new to LFW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
srhnglnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srhnglnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need s/o to talk to who understands/ new to LFW
    Posted: November 27 2009 at 2:47pm
I am waiting on a Full lace wig - Indian Remy with bottom curl.  It's 18' long with light to medium density.  It can also be worn in any style (up in a ponytail or down).

I suffer from hair loss from skin lupus.  I purchased extensions and it has been a huge time consuming disaster.  The only good thing is with work I can manage to hide the hair loss and still fool the world!!  The bad thing is that the hair I HAD has been pulled out and is now gone.  Cry  I'm constantly struggling with tangles and matting and I'm tired of it!!!!!!!  I'm just...... tired

This has been a huge emotional problem for me.  I cry a lot and I even almost just quit my job after not being able to keep the extensions in the other morning.  I try not to think about it and no one really knows just how much hair I've really lost!!  Even the ones who know I wear extensions.  I used to have great hair!!!  And I struggle with the realization that its gone.  However, I'm grateful for the alternatives and my hope is that one day I'll have my own hair again!! 

I purchased the full lace wig in hopes that it will allow my hair to grow again underneath!!  Meanwhile I'll have something nice to hide it.  I've had a bad experience with the extensions but I kind of think its because I haven't taken care of them like I should.  I've spent a TON of money on hair products to try to keep them from tangling and matting.  And a lot of times I use a huge bottle of conditioner to rinse and recondition over and over using a wide tooth comb to keep it from tangling.  I end up with a tangled mess anyways!!!  I end up with a headache from all the pulling. 

So I'm starting new.  I think I have all the basics down on applying the LFW.  I think I'm ok there. 

I need to know what shampoos and conditioners are the best choice.  What do I avoid?   Can I at least wet it every morning and condition it?  I'll be doing this while its on my head. 

What about other styling products?  What do you use to keep your hair friz free and flowing freely without tangling? 

Thanks for all your advice and taking the time to read my post.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 8:58pm
Hug

I'm new to FLWs as well.  I got this from the newbie thread:

"Hair Care and Washing to Keep Hair fresh and tangle Free

Don't treat you Lf hair like African American hair. Embrace your inner "white girl". Use high products designed for caucasion hair like Aveda and Nexxus etc. African American products cause build up which causes frizz and tangle. Even yaki textured hair is still closer in composition to caucasion/asian hair than coarse AA hair.

Wash with a clarifying shampoo at least once per month.and I rarely have problems with tangles, frizz or moisture in my hair lf wigs.

I wash my unit underneath the water sprout while still on the wig head, I don’t recommend the swishing the unit in a bowl wash. I find keeping it on the wig head and running my fingers thru as I shampoo and condition is best to keep it from tangling while washing. I then put the hair under the water, put some shampoo in the hair, and gently run my fingers thru the unit onto the hair. I rinse the hair, press with a the towel to get some of the water out. Put some leave in conditioner, comb thru the hair with a wide-tooth comb. Let air dry.

If additional conditioning is needed, I then take the hair off the foam head, put on deep conditioner put it in a ziplock bag, put it in the microwave for 30 sec.’s, once the microwave stops you then take it out and put it back in for another 15 sec.’s. Once it's done take the hair out of the bag and oh my god the hair is sooooo soft and silky. Put some biosilk oil on it, comb thru it with a wide toothcomb again, and let the hair air-dry."

Hope this helps!
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2009 at 10:24am
Some recommended products:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature, or Dove Moisture Intense, or Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing

Conditioner: Mane n'Tail, or Thermasilk Moisture Infusing, any Dove conditioner, or Kerasilk, or Marc Anthony's Strictly Curls - Frizz sealing conditioner

For maintaining curls:  John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Dream Curls-Curl Perfecter,  Sebastian's Wet Liquid Gel, Marc Anthony's Strictly Curls - Curls defining lotion, Ion Curl defining styling creme, Nexxus Curl Energee-Curl enhancing styler, IC Leave-In Moisturizer with Aloe Vera.
I prefer:  Christophe (
Beverly Hills) Hydrating Curl Spray : it makes curly, dry or damaged hair soft & silky. Also another favorite is "Tres Semme Curl Care European Shaping Milk".

For lustre: Proclaim Glossing Polish

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic