Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to dye lace on wig?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkxxxz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkxxxz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to dye lace on wig?
    Posted: January 08 2010 at 9:10am

i just got my unit in the mail yesterday after waiting six long weeks. i open the box all excited and what do ya no! they gave me transparent/nude colored lace instead of brown. so i was wondering if anyone out there knew of an affective way of dying the lace to brown. THNX IN ADVANCED!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2010 at 5:24pm
look in the newbie thread i think on either page 4 or 5 for curlygirl11's instructions on coloring the lace.. or the first page which breh's talking about a rits dye pen..

Edited by sexibeach - January 13 2010 at 5:25pm
Tressmeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressmeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 6:53pm
I remember watching a video about this before... I think the person used RIT dye which was added to a bowl and then the lace was dipped into it. I guess with the hair already attached to the unit you would have to be more careful so as not to damage the hair and add unwanted color:(
www.tressmeup.com

Beautifully designed custom made wigs!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 6:54pm
i just put some youtube video's THAT I MADE in the newbie thread on the last page.. Wink
ablake48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablake48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 8:43pm
Glad I read this as I was going to order my next unit with transparent lace thinking it would be better.  PS I am a crossover from BHM...
Living life like it's Golden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic