Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How To Keep Cream Shadow From Creasing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Keep Cream Shadow From Creasing?
    Posted: February 07 2010 at 9:34am
Cream shadows are fun to play around with.

I normally like to just do a wash, heavier on the lid, with a powder liner on top only. It's a simple, but pretty look. It's also fun to do a cream on the lid and regular powder shadow in the crease. I have fun playing!

I normally use a powder shadow in the same or near same shade over the cream shadow. This helps to stabilize it and make it much longer lasting.

I've found the Loreal (drugstore) & Benefit (high end) work the best for me.

What tricks to you use to keep your cream shadow from creasing or looking yucky?  What eye shadow brands to you currently use that work best for you?  High end, medium or low would all be appreciated.

jeaniexo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeaniexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 4:11pm
I always had a greasy crease problem and Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance works wonders for me. Some other swear by the Benefits one also, but i don't like the pot container. The Too Faced is in a tube and i feel i'm getting a great amount for the price. (around $17) 
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 8:43pm

< id="hexColValue" value="" size="10" style="cursor: default;" ="text">
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 8:44pm
I use paint pots by MAC. They have a bunch of colors and they help your makeup last longer and be more pigmented. But I'm not sure how well it would work with other cream product (the product itself is cream). 
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2010 at 1:16pm
I use urban decay eyeshadow primer potion which keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and fading. I love bonnebell eye style shadow box. It is like $4 and I have been using it for years. I have smaller almond shaped eyes and love how the eye shadow opens up my eyes. The only problem is that it fades within a few hours so primer is a must. 
karinasturtz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karinasturtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 11:33pm
I use a primer made for eyelids. I order it from DHC, but any department store makeup area ought to be able to hook you up with one.
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 5:23pm
Make sure you moisturize properly to avoid creases.
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 2:52pm
I always do a light powder eye shadow on top of the cream shadow to keep it in place, otherwise the cream shadow fades throughout the day.
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2012 at 6:35am
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay lid primer it works amazing with cream and powder shadows. Although the only cream shadows i really stick to are nyc everything else is mac or Smashbox, tried some two faced as well. However that UD makes your shadow last all day no creasing its awesome.
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 12:21am
I use the Urban Decay primer as well, It prevents creasing and makes my shadow last all day.
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 1:07am
Ericachristina, what shadows do you love?

Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic