Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice need to do a dry clipper bob cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
esmith7713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice need to do a dry clipper bob cut
    Posted: February 20 2010 at 7:16pm
my wife finally has agreed to let me cut her hair. she wears a bob about chin length. i was told that i can cut a bob with clippers with a special blade that is used for 'dry carving'. basically, the hair is cut as soon as the clippers hit it without any pressure applied. this way you get a better cut as the hair is not distorted out of place.

i just bought an andis ceramic advance clipper and the special blade. should come in the mail next week. her hair is just below chin now and i hope to take it about lip length or so. she already lets me buzz her nape with my old clippers. i also will angle it up in the back.

my plan is to have her flat iron it and then start cutting with the clippers.

her hair did have some wave, but she had a straightening process done a few months ago so it's fairly straight still - esp when ironed.

anyone have any advice and or tips as to doing this - i got one shot to make it right and if do i'm golden!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 1:30pm
i cut it yesterday and for the most part it came out pretty good but i can use advise as to how to make it look less blunt - its short -about lip to chin length but the back is too blunt - needs softening- anyone?
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 3:35am
What was the name of the andis blades? My wife gets a heavy weight line mushroom cut and you want the line to be as blunt as possible. I would love to give her trims.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 3:16pm
i've been cutting her hair since this original post. you can use either of these OA F/D blades -- andis part numbers 64430 or 63060
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic