Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nutrition advice needed for hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutrition advice needed for hair growth
    Posted: March 06 2010 at 3:59am
Hi, Im a newbie here, this is only my second post. 

I have Alopecia and have lost about 90% of my hair.  Im very interested in nutrition and hair growth.

I would love to hear what you all recommend I eat/drink for better hair regrowth.

Im also interested in what those with healthy hair eat.

Infact any tips and advice you can all give me.

Thanks
Purdy

butterscotch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 1:38am
Hi,

I notice you haven't had many replies.

I'm not sure what caused your Alopecia but it is true that healthy diet and exercise can aid in hair growth.

I read that a protein rich diet helps and drinking lots of water also.

I had alopecia at my hairline although it was self inflicted from tight weaves. My hair is growing back (slowly) since I started adding vitamins and supplements to my diet.

Like MSM - I also heard that MSM helps prevent stretch marks becuase of the sulfur content but that's another subject entirely.Embarrassed Biotin is supposed to be good.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 24 2010 at 7:28am
jailynstanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 4:01am

If your hair is dry and breaks easily, it is probably a lack of essential fatty acids. By including plenty of good sources of essential fatty acids in your diet you can give your hair back its strength and lustre.

You can find these essential fatty acids in oily fish such as tuna, sardines, trout, salmon, herrings and mackeral. Also in seeds, nuts, olives and avocados. You should try to eat four servings of oily fish a week.

jailynstanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 4:08am

If your hair is dry and breaks easily, it is probably a lack of essential fatty acids. By including plenty of good sources of essential fatty acids in your diet you can give your hair back its strength and lustre.

You can find these essential fatty acids in oily fish such as tuna, sardines, trout, salmon, herrings and mackeral. Also in seeds, nuts, olives and avocados. You should try to eat four servings of oily fish a week.

fidelwimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidelwimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 5:54am
Carbohydrates provide the energy needed by the body to handle its everyday tasks, which includes replenishment of used nutrients and regrowth of cells, including hair cells. Proper hydration of the body is essential. Water helps to transport the vitamins and minerals throughout the body. Don't wait until you are thirsty, your body needs about eight glasses of water or 64 ounces a day.

rubertnrubert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubertnrubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 11:37am
For growing hair eat more vegetables and fruits. In that there are more vitamins which are very important for our body and hair. Use natural ways for growing hair. Use aloe-vera which is good for hair and skin. Clean your hair after 3-4 days. Use good shampoo.
chaimharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaimharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 6:16am
Well our hair needs well nourishments and the nutritions.Which we can find from our daily diet.Protein is  the best nutritive part for the healthy hair.you have to go for the glassful of milk daily as well as drink plenty of water.Curd and Eggs are also best for your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic