Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damaged hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thinninghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinninghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damaged hair?
    Posted: June 09 2010 at 2:24pm
A few weeks ago, I went to my usual stylist for a "clear gloss treatment".  I have very fine, straight, blonde hair.  I do have a lot of hair however, and in the past have always had perms done to add fullness.  She had advised me that perms damage hair and that a clear gloss treatment would be better; that it would add fullness without damage.

My hair was fine until a few days ago.  I have been noticing that my hair looks and feels "greasy".  ????? and sort-of . . . "melted"?????  The first timeI noticed it a few days ago, I thought this was because I had used a mousse in it, so I re-washed my hair and dried it with nothing added.  Tonight I noticed the same look and feel, so I re-washed it and let it dry naturally.  No change.

I'm wondering if perhaps I used too high of a heat setting on my hair dryer and damaged it?  It was fine; the treatment didn't really add much fullness at all, but it didn't seem to be damaged until recently.

Any suggestions?  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mtptl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 1:05am
Get regular trims to cut off dead ends,
use heat protector spray anytime you process your hair.
you can also try taking prenatal vitamins to grow your hair out, they worked wonders for me!
Try giving your hair a break from heat as often as possible.
I've also heard that pullng it up at night pulls on the hair follicules, stimulating hair growth.
Good Luck!

===============

Edited by Karen Shelton - December 20 2010 at 10:07pm
maxgreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxgreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 1:10pm
I have the hair problem since 2 months. My hair got damaged and some of my hair is gone white. I looks little bit older with this problem. I used many things to solve this problem but the result is no so good as i thought.
MagicMojoHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicMojoHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 7:56pm
I urge you both to consult with your professional hairstylist for assistant with your damaged hair.  They can recommend good steps you can take to recover your hair. 

Edited by Karen Shelton - December 20 2010 at 10:08pm
maxpaayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpaayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 5:07pm
When hair is damaged, it becomes dull, brittle, frizzy and out of control. The reasons for the hair color and permanent chemicals, poor diet or a hair dryer heat. It's impossible to completely repair damaged hair without cutting it, but you can restore some of its luster, strength and quality if you follow some specific steps.
[url=http://www.totaldebtguide.com/]My Blog[/url]
sonia2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonia2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2011 at 11:13pm
Leimo Treatment can help to regrow your hair naturally. This product can also prevent the hair loss problem. I just hope it will help you a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic