Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

11 Years of Damage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MonaLisaMlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonaLisaMlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 Years of Damage
    Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:43pm
I'm biracial and had really curly hair when I was younger and I'm thinking of stopping chemically altering my hair because I've lost my curly hair, now it's a wavy frizzy mass of hair, so my hair looks terrible when I don't alter it somehow or straighten it. I've been straightening and dying my hair since the 4th grade, I haven't really taken care of my hair, I've never paid any attention to the special "rules" you abide by to care for biracial hair. I've tried products for Black hair but they make my hair look greasy and I've tried products not made for women of color, but they don't do anything at all. I don't need weaves but I've been thinking of cutting my natural hair extremely short and putting in a new weave every 2 or 4 months, because I've already cut about 5 inches off and letting my roots grow in and using moisture products, but I have no idea what to do with my hair. My dad doesn't know anything about hair, my mom isn't familiar with biracial or black hair, and I'm not close with my family at all so I was never raised with the knowledge of how to deal with my hair. Just wondering what products are good to use and what other ideas I could do to help get my curl back and make my hair more healthy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic