Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shampoo and hair help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andreau0101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreau0101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shampoo and hair help!
    Posted: July 28 2010 at 11:43am
I have used a dove shampoo for a while now.  never really had a problem with it, my scalp was on the dryer side but nothing big.  my husband went out of town so I was putting our infant in the shower with me so I could keep an eye on her and also wash her.

I didnt want to get my chemicals on her so I was using her "california baby" shampoo on myself.  this went on for a few days and i noticed that the shampoo made my hair very heavy and greasy.

when dh came home I went back to using my dove and I broke out in hives on my head!

I called the derm. and they suggested it might be the sulfates?  so I went on a mission to find sulfate free shampoo which was kind of hard and in the mean time I used the california baby shampoo.  I found some shampoo at "sallys" and used it last night.

I didnt get hives but my head itches and burns like a bi*ch!

any suggestions would be great!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2010 at 11:39pm
Hi,
Sorry to hear of your shampoo challenges.

I would suggest that you go to the nearest health food store and ask them to recommend the most gentle hypoallergenic product.  I think you might do well with Aubrey Organics but be sure to get the shampoo that is the most gentle.

I would also suggest you consider diluting any shampoo you try.  You might even try the dilution method with California Baby.  I personally dilute 1 tablespoon of shampoo to 1 gallon of lukewarm water...shake and make a suds.

Be sure to get your hair and scalp very wet before you apply the diluted shampoo.  Once hair is very wet (I use clean gallon jugs prefilled with lukewarm water to make sure I complete douse my head.  Then pour the diluted shampoo formula over the top of your scalp and pat...don't rub...the suds into your scalp and strands. 

This method will remove dirt and grime but is very unlikely to damage hair or cause hives, breakouts or a feeling of heaviness.  That's because you are still getting the benefit of a cleansing without all the chemicals.

There are many possibilities of why your scalp and hair reacted the way it did but try either the dilution option with CB or check out an Aubrey Organics shampoo.  I would suggest you dilute ANY shampoo you try for awhile until your scalp recovers.

I have not used undiluted shampoo on my hair or scalp for years and my hair is clean without any type of reactions.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
maralyn45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maralyn45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 4:26am
One thing i should make you aware of that you yourself should use some organic hair products and for your baby too...It will be beneficial for you both…
http://www.charlestonnaturally.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic