Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Hair Extension Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JDBV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDBV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Hair Extension Advice
    Posted: August 08 2010 at 10:19pm
Hello everyone.

I am in need of advice.  Last April my 36" red hair was burned off in a traumatic accident.  My hair is very thick and curly when short, wavy when long.  Of the 7" inches I have left only the 2" of new growth can be saved.  The current non-style cut that I have looks terrible!!  My current 'look' is completely unacceptable - I am too shook up to even walk my dog.  To make it more of a challenge for me I am 43 years old and incredibly nervous as to how it will grow back in.  I know I have at least a 3 - 4 year wait for it to reach bsl.  I have researched hair extensions while it grows back out but I am terrified of making things worse.  I have contracted with a reputable professional salon for sew in extensions but I am worried that I will end up with two heads of hair (big hair) during the growing out process.  Does anyone have any experience or information they can share about extensions?  Will hair extensions work with very thick hair curly/wavy hair, or will it make it worse?

Any advice or info you can share would be greatly appreciated.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 7:21pm
i would stay away from sew ins. it  could potentially damage your new growth.
go to someone who is licensed, certifed and reputable.
check out my site
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
JDBV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDBV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 11:42pm
Hi TanglesRC,
Thank you so much for your reply.  I did check out your website and I am excited about the hairlocs method.  I can't tell if this method will work on only 2" of hair or if the tubes will be visible.....  If it would work it would be fabulous!  I have found a local contact in Colorado and will call them in the morning for a consultation.  I am hoping they can help me......
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 2:33am
I hope you have been able to find success with your local salon, since you posted this some time ago. If you have any additional questions about extension methods, care, etc., we offer a host of informative articles that you might find helpful while growing out your hair again. Good luck!!
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic