Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soft Water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft Water
    Posted: August 22 2010 at 11:28am
Hello!

It's been so long since I've been here!

I recently moved from a house in the city on the treated municipal water supply to a home in the county on a well. Although everyone told me my water would be hard on the well, it is actually very soft. It looks and smells very clean and clear, but it is wreaking havoc with my hair! I don't like to wash it every day, but it seems I have to now. I've tried everything from cutting back on my conditioner, to cutting it out entirely (which makes it extremely difficult to comb through the tangles in my fine hair). The ends appear brittle (although I am definitely overdue for a trim), and the roots feel thick, greasy, and heavy on Day Two after rinsing in the shower.

Any suggestions or tips to help me adjust to this new water supply? I would hate to have to move back to the city just for a few good hair days!   

Ooh! I feel I should add that when I first moved here, I actually loved how soft my hair felt...that only lasted a week or two.   

Edited by gwatt - August 22 2010 at 11:31am
gwatt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic