Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoo for Fine Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JAZZYM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAZZYM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoo for Fine Hair
    Posted: February 24 2011 at 7:32am
Hi
I have fine highlighted hair. - fine. I have tried so many shampoos- Texture line- Keratasse, even Morrocon hair shampoo,. Anyone have a recommendation for one and or conditioner For the ends, that doesn't weigh down hair. Also- does the product have to say it is for color treated hair???
Thanks so much
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:24am
I have super fine hair as well. Redken makes three different shampoos that are great on fine hair- Extreme, Blonde Glam, and Body Full. 

essentialoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essentialoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 9:44pm
Not all limp-haired ladies need conditioners. If you find you can easily comb out hair after washings without a conditioner you can skip it. Conditioners are good for combing out fine hair. Just don't let the product touch your scalp. Massage a light-weight conditioner from mid-shaft down and no need to leave it on for long. If you have extremely greasy hair, look for the oil-absorbing tea-tree oil in your conditioner.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 10:22am
Peter Lamas Rice volumizing shampoo!!! I love it. As Alicia Silvestone put it: It is clean a delicious". This shampoo is free of parabens and SLS. It is gentle yet very efective. It lathers really well wich is hard to find in a sulfate free shampoo. It will cleanse well without overdrying. Which is important if you have oily hair problems. If the shampoo is too harsh it will wash away all the natural oils of the scalp, making you sebacious glands go into overproduccion, causing your hair to become really oily.
It is expensive, but it is also very concentrated so it lasts forever. One 12 Oz bottle lasts me about 6 months. All you need is a nickel size amount.

If you want a conditioner just for your ends, try Salem Restructuring treament for ends. It will blow you away. Joico has a really good ends conditioner as well. Either one of those will give you amazing results. If it is an overall conditioner, Salerm Wheat Germ mask is great. Moisturizes without making your hair heavy. It gives you the slip you want without the oilynes, and it smells amazing! Hope that helps.
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 5:41am
There are many shampoos available in market but try and error is the best way to find the appropriate shampoo which suits your hair. So use shampoos which suits your hair and scalp.
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 3:08pm
If the product is from a higher quality line, it doesn't necessarily need to say its color safe. While the products won't enhance the color, it won't hurt it either - but beware of drugstore brands. I personally like Pureology's Volume shampoo for my hair (highlights, fine). For conditioner, I like leave-ins that I can spray when I get out of the shower, mainly because its a time saver, but do rotate with a rinse conditioner like Biosilk Volumizing.
organic_amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2012 at 12:21pm
I would recommend O'right Goji Berry Volumizing shampoo. It leaves the scalp really clean, while leaving the hair bouncy and full of volume. This shampoo contains no harmful chemicals, such as sulfates and parabens, but instead contains natural and certified organic ingredients. Plus the smell is amazing!

http://www.orightorganics.com/organic-beauty-products/cleansing-conditioning/shampoo/#p10
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2012 at 1:43pm
I have fine/thin hair... and I use Nioxin. It's a bit pricey but i won't use anything else.  You can buy chemically treated.. it's the #3 version

I also use the moroccan oil light on the ends of my hair and it never weighs it down.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
ECRU_NY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ECRU_NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 11:22am
We have a suggestion for you! Our shampoos and conditioner are all color safe, contain no parabens and are sulfate free!

We recommend you try the following products for your hair:

Luxe Treatment Shampoo - A luxurious, nutrient rich cleanser bathes hair in moisture as it cleans and hydrates. High potency vitamins and nutrients combined with essential amino acids promote healthy hair and scalp. http://www.ecrunewyork.com/luxe-treatment-shampoo.php

Our Protective Silk Conditioner - A 60 second treatment that immediately improves the texture and appearance of all hair types. Panthenol, sunflower oil and hydrolyzed wheat proteins thicken and repair dry, damaged hair while healing and protecting the scalp.

and if you want extra treatment you should definitely use our Acacia Protein Masque: Formulated with Acacia Collagen™, sunflower and grape seed oils, shea butter and marine extracts, this intense hair masque, penetrates deep into the hair shaft to restore and renew dry, damaged hair. A nutrient rich, intensive hair masque that helps to repair and replenishes dull, dry hair leaving it silky, shiny and strong. http://www.ecrunewyork.com/acacia-protein-masque.php

Would you try any of these products?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic