Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Infected hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bistech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Infected hair?
    Posted: April 29 2011 at 4:45pm
Have you every bought hair that was infected with lice, bed bugs or similar?  What do you do?  Do you send it back or try to fix it yourself?

Edited by Karen Shelton - April 30 2011 at 6:57am
spring714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spring714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 2:20am
Lily Allen had us all believing that she would be a Chanel-clad bride, however the British songstress donned a vintage-inspired gown by French designer Delphine Manivet for her weekend wedding to fiance Sam Cooper. Lily is a big fan of the retro aesthetic, running a vintage emporium and designing her own line with her half sister under her Lucy in Disguise label. Although she didn't wear a self-designed dress, Lily did stay true to her vintage roots with a sheer-sleeved, drop-waisted gown which was made with her baby bump in mind. Manivet made an under slip that could be adjusted to fit Lily's growing belly, saying, "We used to do a lot of pregnant girls and are used to this kind of dress - it's not a big problem... I used only natural fabrics like silk and cotton, and the lining was in cotton, which was very soft. When you're pregnant, your skin is more sensitive." What's your call on Lily's all-lace wedding dress? Do you like her vintagey vibe? Or should she have stuck with Chanel?

Edited by spring714 - July 01 2011 at 10:16pm
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 5:33am
he infected ingrown hair should clear up in a few days. If the infected ingrown hair is deep, you can use an antiseptic cream like, Cortaid, as it keeps the area moist. If the the infected ingrown hair does not start to heal in three days it's time to dermatologist.

xenus001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenus001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2011 at 7:44am
I have not had problems with infected hair but a friend of mine did.  She bought it at a garage sale of all places.  She boiled it and used a special nit comb to remove the dead lice.  Then she boiled it again before using it.  It turned out ok.  Not something I would have worn but she's brave.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic