Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Hair Colour - Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LillyMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LillyMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Hair Colour - Help?
    Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:16am
Went to the hairdressers for the first time in YEARS today as I usually colour my own hair but wanted to treat myself. Big mistake on my part.

My hair had naturally dark brown regrowth which blended into dark brown coloured hair (It'd been coloured so many times I was surprised to match the hair to my natural colour so easily) and I made sure the hairdresser was aware of it because I knew it would make a difference to the colouring process.

I wanted red foils all over my head, about 10 of them, all the same shade and vibrancy.

The colour applied to my regrowth looks BRILLIANT, but all the colour added to the rest of my hair went a dark copper/orange colour. The red of my fringe blends into a gross orange colour then to a dark copper. I was then told that buying a special hair colour shampoo would lighten it all up and make it look the same, but it didn't.

My question is: How do I fix this myself? I want my brown bits to STAY brown, and the disgusting copper pieces to be the same vibrancy and shade as the red currently on my regrowth. I'm seriously disappointed...the hairdresser also took another half hour trying to fix it but couldn't.

I'd also like to point out that my hair wasn't in any way pre-lightened (Bleached) before the red was added.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (: Pretty sure I'm never going to a Hairdressing Salon again.
danamarquez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danamarquez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 2:39pm
The reason this happened is because the colors mixed, when the regrowth had no color and therefore was able to obtain the proper shade.

In order to give you real advice on how to fix this, a picture is very much necessary. However, I can give you a few quick tips so that an experience like this won't happen again.

1. Read reviews of salons before you go to them. Yelp is an extremely helpful tool to find the best of practically any store or service. You might specifically look for reviews that mention fantastic color.

2. Go to a salon to get this fixed. Professionals in a well managed salon will know what they are doing, and will fix this problem better than you likely can. Call ahead and ask the receptionist if the salon has a stylist who specializes in corrective color, and make an appointment with this person.

3. If you like coloring your own hair, and the regrowth blends well, let it grow out. This way, if you want a color change, the stylist can simply cut the hair that is not regrowth, and color fresh hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic