Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser surgery for acne scars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
honey123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser surgery for acne scars?
    Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:15am
Hello guys,

Do you think that laser surgery is good for acne scars?

My girlfriend is looking for treatment for her acne scars. I think she has tried topical ointments and things like that, but now she is looking for a more surgical way.

What is the best way to get rid of them? We have heard of laser skin resurfacing but don't know much about it. What other ways are there and how much do they cost? Please recommend the best miami fraxel if possible.

Thank you!

Edited by honey123 - January 12 2012 at 8:30am
iheartstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 9:14am
No! I've had Fraxel done twice (he did the second one for free because the first one didn't help) and before that I have another laser done. It was when lasers were first being used probably 5-6 years ago so I can't remember the name...it didnt work anyways. I would say to stay away from lasers all together. The cost far out weighs the benefit and they always set you up for unrealistic expectations. I've found the best thing for my scars has been TCA CROSS for my ice pick scars and restalyn or some sort of HA filler to lift one larger one that I have.

My scars have improved A LOT however, I've recently started breaking out again so my focus is now on taking care of my acne again. Scars are horrible and traumatic and I wish you the best of luck! Sorry if I discouraged you, there are solutions and you can fix them...just don't waste your money and time on lasers. I want to look into punch excision (they remove the scar with a small biopsy tool) in the future for a few of my ice picks that the cross isn't working for.

O another thing, the fraxel Co2 is one of the most painful procedures I have ever had done. I have a very high pain tolerance and it felt like someone was going up and down my face with a razor blade. You also look like a complete monster for at least a week following the procedure. I almost didn't do it a second time, but anybody with scars knows that you'll try ANYTHING to make them go away.

good luck!
Marisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2012 at 12:16am
Most of you who suffer from acne could be due to what is going on in our bodies. You might be suffering from a food allergy that you are unaware of. In addition, our bodies are intoxicated with plenty of harmful chemicals that go into the food we eat and the air we breathe.
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by iheartstyle iheartstyle wrote:

No! I've had Fraxel done twice (he did the second one for free because the first one didn't help) and before that I have another laser done. It was when lasers were first being used probably 5-6 years ago so I can't remember the name...it didnt work anyways. I would say to stay away from lasers all together. The cost far out weighs the benefit and they always set you up for unrealistic expectations. I've found the best thing for my scars has been TCA CROSS for my ice pick scars and restalyn or some sort of HA filler to lift one larger one that I have. My scars have improved A LOT however, I've recently started breaking out again so my focus is now on taking care of my acne again. Scars are horrible and traumatic and I wish you the best of luck! Sorry if I discouraged you, there are solutions and you can fix them...just don't waste your money and time on lasers. I want to look into punch excision (they remove the scar with a small biopsy tool) in the future for a few of my ice picks that the cross isn't working for.O another thing, the fraxel Co2 is one of the most painful procedures I have ever had done. I have a very high pain tolerance and it felt like someone was going up and down my face with a razor blade. You also look like a complete monster for at least a week following the procedure. I almost didn't do it a second time, but anybody with scars knows that you'll try ANYTHING to make them go away. good luck!

I agree what you say about laser and the cost outweighing the benefit. There are some people that laser works absolutely fabulously with, while the rest pay the same price and don't get the same benefits. For that reason the promises are pretty extreme.

Suggestions to go for laser treatment? I wouldn't suggest it. Scaring on your face is as extremely touchy subject. If anything goes wrong...well, need I say more?
MiaMackenzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiaMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2018 at 10:15pm
It depends on how bad the scars is. If scars is mild to moderate you can get a cream that will help with the scaring.

Edited by MiaMackenzie - April 18 2018 at 10:24pm
mellowax.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic