Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clip-in hair tangling. Quality?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cc00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cc00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clip-in hair tangling. Quality?
    Posted: February 09 2012 at 12:31pm
I have been using human hair clip-in hair extensions for years, and never had any issues. The latest batch I bought has been great, but after a month of use they get tangled when wearing them out. This has never happened in the past. I am guessing it is the quality/type of extensions I have this time. Unfortunately, I do not have the packaging anymore for the current extensions I am using, nor past ones that did not get tangled.

Do you have any idea what kind of human hair clip-in extensions I may have this time around that could be doing this? Or what I should look for when purchasing extensions that determines better quality (not getting tangled so quickly)?

Thanks!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 11:05am
Always resarch reviews. I have noticed more with clipins that they are coated with silicone and after they are washed 2-5 times depending on how you wash them, type of shampoo, etc. the silicone comes off laving the hair sonft when brushed but installed for 5 minutes and a rats nest is created making you brush the hair every 2 min.  Sometimes you just get a bad batch. Anyone who has been doing hair extensions for years has eventually had a bad batch an nothing is more frustrating than spending all that money for nothing. Also keep in mind the lighter color hair you get (blond 613, or blond 22) always go through more processing so it tends to go bad sooner than dark browns and blacks. It can be very hard to say what to look for because they are all so shinny and silky when first bought but if that specific brand has a lot of bad reviews of tangling or drying out fast usually best to go with something different. Not all companies use silicone to coat the hair.

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - February 18 2012 at 11:06am
KimberlyWat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimberlyWat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 3:36pm
Remy human hair extensions are the best for quality, tangling, and softness. They go though a process (the Remy) that keeps them soft and keeps them from tangling. I have some from Myfantasyhair.com that I have washed several times and they are still so soft and healthy! They are amazing. THICK THICK extensions too!

Edited by Administrator - July 02 2012 at 4:13pm
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 5:10pm
Thanks KimberlyWat I have heard good reviews on hair from that website as well as foxy locks. Very good info. 
annabest36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annabest36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 5:22am
Smile Thanks for your message. I have gone through your hair problems. When you are going to purchase a set of clip in hair extensions you should look warranty or guarantee period of hair extensions in the packet. Or you can discuss with the owner of the shop when you are purchasing. And moreover you should keep the packages of the hair extensions in the safe place.  Thanks again.

Anna Marie

Edited by annabest36 - February 23 2013 at 5:23am
Hi my name is Anna, I am a qualified beauty therapist, and have had a lot of experience in the Clip in Hair Extensions and beauty industry over the last 10 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic