Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MITT Romney Hair On Fie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dewitt001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewitt001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MITT Romney Hair On Fie?
    Posted: February 27 2012 at 7:30pm
Mitt Romney’s pants may have been on fire a little yesterday, but according to the former Massachusetts governor, you’ll never see him light his hair aflame.

Explaining why he just can’t seem to get the base to coalesce around him, Romney explained, “It’s very easy to excite the base with incendiary comments. We’ve seen throughout the campaign if you’re willing to say really outrageous things that are accusative, attacking of President Obama, that you’re going to jump up in the polls. I’m not willing to light my hair on fire to try and get support. I am who I am.”

But even that turned mock-worthy to reporters. “This is the one thing Romney isn’t going to compromise: his coiffure. His position on abortion: that changes all the time. But those salt-and-pepper locks will remain inviolate.”

It would seem that given the opening, everyone is ready to knock on the GOP candidate’s do. “Throughout the campaign, Mitt Romney has been consistent on one point: the quality and consistency of his hair care. He was ruffled in debates, but his hair, never. He could be flat and lifeless.

Never so his follicles. Mitt Romney’s hair, as Mitt would be the first to tell you, is his better half. There’s a reason his wife nicknamed his plane “Hair Force One.” Mitt knows where he stands in the scheme of things — beneath a head of luxuriant locks.”

But one person is taking Romney and his remarks seriously — Rush Limbaugh. And he thinks Romney is being demeaning to the key party supporters. “So Romney’s not willing to say incendiary things about Obama to incite the base. What does this tell you that Romney thinks of the base? That it takes incendiary comments to turn you on? That all you want is somebody beating up on Obama…or set their hair on fire to get attention..and that’s all you care about.”

Romney may be unwilling to set himself aflame, but he’ll need to come up with some way to reach his target audience. With his favorables among his own party plummeting, he’s going to need to draw some good attention quickly or his campaign will go up in smoke.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/morning-mix-is-romneys-hair-on-fire-yet.html#ixzz1nmORheq5

Edited by Administrator - February 29 2012 at 8:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic