Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can I get my hair to stay red?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ALittleBitBlond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleBitBlond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I get my hair to stay red?
    Posted: February 28 2012 at 10:07am
I recently just got auburnish red hlowlights on top of my blonde hair. It literally lasted a week before it faded. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I don't wash my hair every day and I don't spend long hours in the sun. I know red will fade especially on top of blond hair, but jeez, a week!? I spent money to have something disappear! I'm not sure if it's just my hair or the dye that they use because I have never liked the way my hair turned out when I went there, I work in a place with a salon so I get a discount which is why I went there in the first place. However, ever since I have gone I have never liked the way the color made my hair look, it was dull and the blond never looked vibrant like it used to.

I just found out yesterday that a girl in my class is a cosmetologist in my area and she told me that they use Matrix color. She told me that since my hair already had a red base that the red color would most likely adhere better and last longer.

So my questions:
1). Is what she said true, will the color adhere better and last longer?
2). Has anyone ever used Matrix color before? She told me it was anti-fade, so can anyone attest to this?
3). How can I find ways to make the red hair color last longer? She told me I would need to use a heat protectant serum because I straighten my hair everyday.

I don't like spending money on something that isn't going to last and will end up being a waste, but I really like red in my hair, it looks so cute!

Thanks for any replies.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic