Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Beauty Risk - Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Beauty Risk - Smoking
    Posted: March 27 2012 at 2:08am
Studies of smoking have indicated that smokers are more at risk of developing a range of beauty challenges including faster aging of the skin, more risk of age related hair growth slowdown and hair thinning.

Now there are indications of a higher risk of developing dementia.

Scientists have found that middle-aged people who smoke two or more packs of cigarettes per day are more than 2x as likely to develop Alzheimer's or dementia later in life. 

What happens if you smoke less?  You're still at risk.  Any amount of cigarette smoking raises levels of inflammation which plays a role in harming brain tissue.

Bottom line?  Smoking may cause beauty challenges, hair challenges and even brain function challenges. 

Edited by anilk - March 28 2012 at 6:43pm
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 3:29pm
Cigarette smoking has more than just internal effects on your body; wrinkles and lines often appear around your lips as you age from pursing your lips to inhale. Not too mention it leaves your skin, hair & clothes with a bad odor.
pegyy896 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pegyy896 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 9:30pm
But nowdays I don't think someone who will not smok, as anyone can be a second hand smoker nowdays!! Everyone knows about the harm of cigarette, but we can't let everyone now to stop smoking, right?
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 2:30pm
I would much prefer if everyone would stop smoking and no longer subject the public to second hand smoke.

Dallas has been smoke free for several years, and although I rarely venture into the suburbs, when I do I intentionally avoid the suburbs that still allow smoking. The stench ruins my clothes, my hair, and makes me feel gross overall.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic