Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to describe the style I want

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Etian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to describe the style I want
    Posted: May 22 2012 at 11:25pm
In the late 70's when hair got short again, I hit on a style that worked for me.  For the next decade I could go into any shop and say "The same length all over with almost no layering.  Just above the ears.  To the bridge of the nose in front.  Just above the collar in back with enough layering in back to make it look nice."  And I would get exactly the cut I wanted.

For 20 years I stayed with the same stylist, and I didn't have to describe it again.  I never had to comb it--just used my fingers.  Wind could blow it any which way and it always looked good.

But I've moved away from my stylist.  Now vocabulary has changed, styles have changed.  I hunt for photos, but my hair type is so rare, I can't find anything that helps.  Even if I show them a picture of me way back when, they still do crazy stuff like tooth-shaped cuts, or whipping out the thinning shears and condemning me to the whim of static electricity.

I have baby-fine, straight hair.  My face shape is,  well, they say Kevin Costner when I have a good haircut, or Nicholas Cage when I have a bad haircut. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic