Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do I have trouble growing my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
target View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do I have trouble growing my hair?
    Posted: May 26 2012 at 7:10am
I have been trying to grow my hair long for almost a year now, but it is taking a real long time.
I'm looking to get this style:

http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/male-celebrities/hugh-jackman-10372-400x250.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19300000/Hugh-Jackman-hugh-jackman-19323001-1280-1024.jpg

I cut my hair every 3 months. Everytime I go to the hair dresser, I show them those pictures and tell them I don't want them to change the lenght, I just want them to do the maintenance and reduce some volume. But they always end up cutting like 1cm of lenght and I end up with the same hair lenght I had 3 months ago! (my hair grows really slow) I tried all the hair salons at my area and they all do the same shoot. What should I do? My hair now is like 5cm long.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 11:58am

Hair dressers love to cut your hair shorter than you ask for, it has happened to me too, it’s almost like they wait for you to walk through the door so they can practice using their scissors.

What you should do is keep maintaining your hair by taking care of it, doing the right treatments suited for your hair type and make sure you are eating well, taking your vitamins and doing your scalp massages.

When it comes to getting a trim you can maintain the split ends, and the ends of your hair yourself. Just go to a beauty supply store and purchase hair cutting scissors or hair cutting shears and when you have time relax and start looking at your ends, use your scissors to trim any split or damaged hair right above the split or damaged area and after you have done that seal your ends with an oil of your choice. You may still need to have your hair cut at the salon every now and then but this way you can go longer between trims by maintaining the ends yourself.

target View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 2:08pm
I'm pretty tempted to try that.
Is there any guide on these forums that teaches how to do all that maintenance by yourself? I don't wanna end up looking like if my head was through a lawn mower.

Edited by target - May 27 2012 at 2:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic