Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contemplating a pixie...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chameleongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contemplating a pixie...
    Posted: May 27 2012 at 11:25pm
At the moment, I have the asymmetrical style as posted before, only now it is blond (i know I said no peroxide, but I couldn't resist trying it again) and shorter. There is still a side bang, and the longer side is layered and above the chin to lip level.

I really like this style, and have received lots of compliments on it. If I go shorter, with a pixie maybe, what style would work best? My previous posts show a similar style to what I have now, only its blond and shorter. I am getting more comfortable going shorter, but the pixie seems like a big step. Any suggestions would be great :-)

Edited by chameleongirl - May 28 2012 at 8:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 9:08am
Here's a picture of what it looks like now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79583613@N08/

Edited by chameleongirl - May 28 2012 at 9:56am
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 4:16pm
Looking at your pics.  I love the asymetric cut.  Just cut the short side shorter and stick with that for awhile.  It really looks good.  But if your set on a pixie, I think that would look nice too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by orangenoise orangenoise wrote:

Looking at your pics.  I love the asymetric cut.  Just cut the short side shorter and stick with that for awhile.  It really looks good.  But if your set on a pixie, I think that would look nice too.

Thanks for the input - I also like the asymmetrical style, and was thinking of just going shorter with it too, but also thinking of going for a pixie at some point - maybe work towards it.

How short should I go on the shorter side?  Are there any pics that would help?  I'm awful at explaining things to my stylist, I always bring a picture.

:)

Edited by chameleongirl - May 29 2012 at 9:10am
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 3:46pm
There is no rush for a pixie - i'd guess that it would make the ideal grow out cut when you decide to lose the assymetric look at some point in the future.

As for how short you should go - you could go as short as trying a clippered section around and over the ear with the length being blended up to the crown.  It depends how far you want to push it.

Love the blonde colour on you.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 5:19am
I agree w/ Heratic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 10:18am
Thanks orangenoise and Heratic for the advice; I think I'll stick with the asymmetrical look too, at least for now, and try shorter on the short side in the next while.  :-)

Edited by chameleongirl - May 31 2012 at 10:19am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 7:37pm
Your welcome.  Show us some new pics when you get them.
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 1:29pm
Ok, I got my hair done - kept it asymmetrical, only shorter with clippering on the shorter side, back and undercut on the longer side.  The blond is growing on me too, so I kept that the same - thanks again for the advice :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79583613@N08/

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 7:39pm
I like it but I think I'd like a regular pixie over the asymetric better.  The blonde looks awesome!
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 5:42am
I love it. 
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 8:25am
That isa very fun, brave and BOLD style.... kudos! I hope you love it and its great to see something different turn out well!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
fireguy0062 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireguy0062 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 4:22pm
looks great chameleongirl...love the color...and cut is perfect.
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 9:43am
Nice to see a fresh and edgy style work so well for you - both the cut and colour look fantastic.
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 8:17pm
Thanks everyone for the comments!  I really appreciate it - I like the style too and will stay with the asymmetrical for a bit before trying a pixie.  I have yet to ever try one, so I will at some point this summer :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic