Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stevelando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevelando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: June 20 2012 at 4:23pm
Hi new to this of any kind,well im a male with hair i cant describe never seen any one with the same hair typ i just want some one to determine what type it is and how to sort of straighten it with out using chemicals flat iron blow dryers etc..
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 10:52pm

Well you didn’t give much information so I can’t help you determine your hair type. Hair type is sometimes difficult to pinpoint anyway, there can be so many different hair types and textures on one head that it may not fall into just one category.

If you have naturally curly hair then there isn’t a lot you can do without using heat or some type of chemical to change your hair. Your hair will stay in its natural state unless you use something to change it and if the method you use is not permanent then your hair will revert back to its naturally curly state.

When people hear of flat irons and blow dryers they think it is a death sentence to healthy hair, and although heat does cause some damage to hair a lot of that damage can be avoided if you know how to straighten your hair properly. A flat iron is a good way to get straight hair without having to chemically change your hair, you just have to be careful and take the right steps.

When flat ironing you have to make sure you are working with a good quality flat iron. Make sure it has 100% ceramic plates and it is not metal or ceramic plated. You also want to make sure you get a good heat protectant and spray that on after you get out of the shower and again before you are going to straighten your hair. I also use the CHI keratin mist as a strengthening treatment along with my heat protectant before flat ironing my hair. Make sure your hair is dry before you flat iron it, flat ironing wet hair will cause a lot of damage and take a lot longer. Letting your hair air dry before you begin will eliminate the need for a blow dryer and more heat. You also need to make sure you do not use excessive heat, hair burns at 451 degrees and the more damaged your hair is the less heat it will take to burn the hair. Make sure you only use the heat setting necessary to straighten your hair, start on 300 or so and see if that works, if not increase the heat gradually until you find the right amount but do not exceed 450 degrees.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic