Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can someone help with my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2NE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2NE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can someone help with my hair?
    Posted: July 18 2012 at 11:08pm
My hair is my #1 problem; it causes the most self consciousnesses that I have about my appearance.

I would describe my hair as dry and coarse.
My hairline is pretty high, and it forms a sort of widows peak?

my hairline resembles this gentlemen's, but I think mine some to more of a point.

I will get pictures of my actual hair and hairline up in a bit.

Please help me!
2NE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2NE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2012 at 2:45pm
I don't want to go and post pictures of myself if no one is able to help. :(

Seems like this forum is pretty dead
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 11:17am
This forum isn't dead. It's just got way too many subdivisions for the traffic volume.

I think your first problem is that you didn't define what you want  help with very clearly. If the dryness and coarseness is it, you can probably resolve that with trying different shampoo/conditioner combos. Following a shampoo/conditioning with a good after-shampoo spray conditioner like Infusion 23 can help. Deep conditioning once ever couple of weeks or so can help, too.

If the widow's peak is what you don't like, that's another thing altogether.  Most guys just learn to live with it, wearing their hair short or slicking the top back. Beyond that it's either hairpieces, implants or other "hair restoration" methods. That fellow's looks fine to me.
CoolHairDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolHairDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 2:23pm
My hairline is receding like that too. Kinda makes me self conscious.

And yeah, i agree. This forum is dead. I posted a simple question about my hair stylist and no one is answering.
2NE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2NE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2012 at 10:59pm

Here is my actual hair. I need a hair cut. But I don't know exactly what I want, because I have no idea what will work. :(

I don't really have the money for hair restoration right now, I'm hoping I can have something stylish without the need to go through with something like that.(this is my natural hairline, it runs on my mothers side of the family. All of the males on their side are older so I can't really get a good idea what looks good.)

Edited by 2NE1 - July 24 2012 at 11:19pm
2NE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2NE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 8:09am
Please help me
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 11:30pm

When your hair is combed over your forehead and you can`t really see your hairline it looks a lot fuller, it seems like you still have a lot to work with.

I would suggest if you want a different style you should go to a hair dresser and discuss it with them, they will have had a lot of experience cutting hair and then you can explain your qualms and they can suggest cuts that may work for you. You have to go to a good hair stylist though, people who actually know what they are doing because you do not want to make your problems any worse. I would ask for a style that helps hide your problem areas and also gives you some more body and volume around the sides, front and back. I think a darker color may also help but I do not know if you are willing to try dying it.

As for the dryness and coarseness I do not know what you use on your hair or what you to do your hair that may be causing some dryness but I can recommend some things you can do. Try to wash your hair less, shampoo will strip your hair and make it dry. If you do need to wash your hair more often then use a sulphate free shampoo which is less harsh on the hair and won`t strip it as much.

You can try scalp massages, if done regularly they can really improve circulation to your scalp and hair follicles and if you are experiencing genetic thinning of the hair this may be able to help slow it down some.

A different hair style from the stylist will do wonders I think, I have also seen women with thin hair do wonders with a blow dryer and a round brush to add volume, lift and really make their hair style have more body. It is a bit difficult to explain using a round brush and blow dryer for volume but Youtube is great for that.

You can try conditioning your hair with very good thick conditioning treatments. Look for a conditioner that says deep conditioning treatment for dry damaged or coarse hair. Also make sure to leave it on for at least 20 mins before you rinse your hair. The container will tell you how long to leave it on for, but if you need more conditioning then you can leave it on longer. Oil treatments are also good and there are serums that you can use after you style it to add moisture and shine. this may help with the dry coarse hair.

If it`s really the thinness you are worried about have you ever considered trying some of the, shampoos, conditioners and other treatments that are geared towards thinning hair? You could take a look at your local beauty supply outlet and try something like that if you do not want to have any major restoration, or you could check online, I know Folica.com has some products under hair treatments. I have never tried them myself, I`m female and I do not have thin hair but I am trying to give you some suggestions since you seem to be in a real bind. To me it doesn`t look like you really need to go as drastic as hair restoration.  

Aside from this forum check online and do some research, there should be a lot of help for thin hair online. 

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful but good luck!

Edited by Ericachristina - July 26 2012 at 11:45pm
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:40am
You probably shouldn't be complaining about the forum being dead.  There are tons of people who lurk here, but sometimes people either don't have the answers to help or if you're complaining the forum is dead, they may not want to help you. 

I agree with the answers provided above.  I disagree that the forum is dead.

Edited by Karen Shelton - November 24 2012 at 11:22pm
gendolly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic