Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which hair products do I need to use for Johnny De
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which hair products do I need to use for Johnny De

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
john187smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john187smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which hair products do I need to use for Johnny De
    Posted: July 21 2012 at 10:29am
<>

Here are a few photos: http://www.johnnydeppfan.nl/San%20Juan.htm

When I got my hair cut like this a few days ago, my stylist put volumizing moose in my damp hair, then thoroughly blew dry it, then combed it and applied a good amount of Redken Work Hard Molding Paste, and finished styling it with a little hairspray. It looked pretty good; my bangs aren't quite long enough yet.

However, I don't think that paste is the right product. It made my hair very hard and crusty, which I do not like, and do not think the photos of Depp indicate such a product. His hairstyle looks very soft, yet relatively firmly in place, able to be blown by the wind, but easily fixed back in place, and shiny. Also, I'd rather not have to use hairspray.

All of the advertising for different kinds of products have rather ambiguous descriptions, at least to me. My best guess is that I should be looking for a pomade. Is this on the right track?

And if anybody has a specific brand recommendation that would be great. I've ordered Baxter shampoo and conditioner from www.groominglounge.com before, and have really liked it and the website.

Also, I've been told before that my hair would benefit from argan oil. Can anybody speak to what exactly this does and if it would help me achieve this hairstyle?

Thanks!

thanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 2:34pm
I use Groom and Clean and it does prettu much what you're looking for. After washing your hair, towel dry it and put Groom and Clean in it and then blow dry it if you want that more natural look or dont blow dry it if you want more of a slick look. Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic