Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help me!! 6R 6.6?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sherbear09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherbear09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help me!! 6R 6.6?
    Posted: August 22 2012 at 5:23pm
Ok i havent used the dye yet but yesterday i bought from sallys beauty supply

ION COLOR BRILLIANCE IN 6R 6.6 DARK RED BLONDE

right now my hair is light auburn and i want a more pop of color and to refreshen it

I told the girl who worked there i DIDNT WANT it to turn out EGGPLANT/BURGENDY which had previously happend with a box dye of temp color(loreal healthy look light auburn)...but now im doing more research and am having a hard time understanding the color codes 6R 6.6?

I hope it wont come out purple/burgendy dark dark

can someone help me? or anyone tried this color before
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 8:59pm
This is colour 6R 6.6. Red hair colour does fade very quickly from the hair, just to advise you.....

http://www.clairol.ie/perfect10/nice-easy-hair-colour-shades/Light-Auburn-6r
karen sanderson
HiNeebles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiNeebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 11:11am
The number indicates the level of color. Your lightest blonde would be a level 11 and black hair color would be a 1. The R stands for Red, I don't think you will have purple/burgundy problems, but it sounds like you're going darker.

Honestly, if you're just doing an all over color. Head to a salon! They are experts in giving you what you want. You may save 30-40 bucks doing it yourself, but the minute you mess up you're gonna wish you didn't, ya know?

Just friendly advice, good luck!
Neebles
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 5:18am
When in doubt, always do a patch test on your hair to make sure you know exactly what color it is going to turn out.  That way you will not be horribly surprised after you've applied all over your head.

If you're nervous about doing a patch test on your actual hair while it's still on your head, snip one or two strands from the underneath of your head and do the patch text on those strands. 

That will give you a good visual of what color your hair will be after you apply the new hair color.

I often lay the hair strands I test, on a clean white sheet of absorbant paper so I can get a clear view of the color that it will turn. 

You should also do a patch test on your arm to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction to the chemicals.

Edited by gendolly - May 30 2014 at 12:43pm
gendolly
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:39pm
Yes, gendolly makes a very good point.  You should always do a patch test, no matter what because hidden allergies to hair color can pop up without warning and you can have an allergic reaction which can be much worse then just getting a color you don't like.

Remember, people have actually died from allergic reactions to hair color.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
*Chani* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Chani* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:41pm
Yes, you can literally die from hair dye (no pun intended).  If you want to see photos of people who have suffered seriously hair color reactions go to this link and look at the photos.  It will definitely make you think twice about applying hair color without a patch test first.

Go to Google and type:
hair color allergic reactions
gbruenning View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbruenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:48pm
I agree with HiNeebles. If you can afford an extra few buck go to salon and get a professional. 

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic