Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on what to do with my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buri100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buri100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on what to do with my hair
    Posted: September 23 2012 at 4:52pm
Hey there,

I'm growing out my hair for the first time but now I'm starting to hate it. I wanna grow it out but I'm losing patience cause it looks so ugly and unkempt on a regular day

Besides cutting, picking, relaxing or perming, what do you think I should with my hair?

Hair when I wake up:

(flash to show the texture more:

Hair after I take a shower (with conditioner):

^does anyone know if and how I could keep it like that?
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2012 at 3:00pm

It looks like you need something to keep your hair from frizzing up and getting fuzzy after it dries and something that will give you some hold and curl definition.

I would suggest using a leave in conditioner to help reduce the frizz and give you some hold. Leave ins can also help keep your hair soft. I like the mixed chicks leave in conditioner (and no it isn’t just for women it is for curly hair) but there are tons of good leave in conditioners on the market for curly hair just check your local drug store or beauty supply store but make sure that the leave in does not flake up and leave an unwanted residue

For curl definition I really like the Shea Moistures curl enhancing smoothie, it gives good definition and helps prevent your hair from getting frizzy. It also makes my hair soft and it really holds your curls in place and  keeps them looking neat.

All you do is wash your hair as you normally would and then use the leave in conditioner followed by the curl enhancing smoothie while your hair is wet and then let it dry naturally. It should make a big difference in how your hair looks after it dries.

Edited by Ericachristina - October 02 2012 at 3:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic