Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best brand of tape extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abercrombie1431 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abercrombie1431 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best brand of tape extensions
    Posted: October 09 2012 at 7:34pm
im looking to buy some tape extensions for a client with thin, fine hair. some people have suggested hot heads or cinderella hair. anyone know a good brand?
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2012 at 4:03am
This whole thread is about a great method for the top two rows but also on page 3 about really great tape extensions and i do believe on 4 what hair and where to buy. I just get hand tied wefts or machine wefts depends and apply protac tape easier and cheaper to get your own also that way it is custom to your own head... 
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
HairExtTapes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairExtTapes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 12:59pm
I have heard that Donna Bella Hair is pretty good quality. Also hot heads, but someone said they were way overpriced?
HairExtTapes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairExtTapes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 1:01pm
Also, tape in extensions are not the best for use with thin, fine hair. If their hair breaks really easy, it might be better to have them try Cold Fusion hair extensions? Just a suggestions. :)
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 5:11am
I've been told by other hair extension experts that instead of getting tape extensions, you should opt for an "integration" wig. 

Why?  Tape extensions or any type of extensions add a lot more weight to the roots of the hair and pulls on the roots.  Which of course if a form of ongoing traction on the hair follicles. 

This is why people who go with sew in extensions where the base hair is tightly braided for the attachment of the weaves may sometimes suffer from Traction Alopecia where the weft hair is attached to the tightly woven corn row style of braids. 

When Alopecia occurs, if it's Traction Alopecia you have a shot at your hair growing back, but if it's any other type of Alopecia, the hair may never grow back.

What do you know about traction alopecia?  What do you know about intergration wigs?  They're supposed to look as good, if not better than taped extensions but they don't apply so much weight on the roots and follicles that tape-in extensions do.

Do you believe that each hair on the hair only has the strength to hold that hair by itself, but not necessarily other add-on hairs.

Edited by gendolly - October 03 2014 at 3:02pm
gendolly
lmbigham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmbigham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 12:02am
I have pretty thin naturally blonde hair, and I use Babe Tape In extensions...I have had them in since the beginning of October and have only had one maintenance appointment
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 2:29pm
We just came out with one. I have them in currently. My hair is fine and I used them to cover up my shaved sides. 

Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 2:57am
I love tape and really want to work more with it. I find they work really well for bridal, even updos. So great as they only take about an hour to apply a full head. I used to have them for 2 years before I switched to bonded ones but I think I might try it again as I haven't had it for 3 years now. They were great for my hair as I have fine hair and could get a lot of hair in.

Rachel !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic