Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinning Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinning Hair
    Posted: December 29 2012 at 11:43pm
Hey everyone,

I was going to post this in the Guys Section, but it doesn't seem you have many guys around, so I thought I'd post this here instead. I hope that's OK!

For the past I'd say two years, my hair has been thinning quite a bit, and I can actually see scalp. It is what it is, as much as it sucks. I'm 25, so I guess it's about the age that dudes lose their hair, right?

Anyway, I used to use Head & Shoulders because I thought I had dandruff, and well, it's the only shampoo I've used since I was probably 15. I thought that it may be the cause of my hair problem (however I doubt it) so I looked for other types of anti-dandruff shampoos only to discover none work. I bought this tea-tree oil shampoo by Paul Mitchell, and OK sure, it makes my hair pretty cool (haha) it doesn't "help" with the dandruff. That was until I had to be away for work for two months at different hotels. It turns out, that after just one shower, I didn't have the "dandruff" any more. Now that I've returned home, it's back (however I haven't touched the H&S.) I'm thinking that it's because I have crap "hard" water at home, and that my dandruff is just really dry skin, and not actually the medical condition that causes dandruff. I know (and I'm sorry that I'm all over the place writing this) that I probably don't know truly "anything" unless I see doctor or what ever, but would anyone have any advice as to what to do? I actually like the way the PM shampoo makes my hair look... I actually just used a brush on my head for the first time since I was a kid, and "styled" it instead of just using hair gel, and it looks cool... except for the dry skin flakes.

PLEEEASE does anyone have advice?

Thank you!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic