Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non Clumping mascara?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non Clumping mascara?
    Posted: January 17 2013 at 1:41pm
I'm looking for really long, thick eyelashes, but I've had problems lately finding good stuff that doesn't clump like crazy and look bad. I used to get Lash Out, but I can't seem to find that in any of my stores anymore, so I guess I need an update. Any suggestions? (Looking for non-waterproof.) What's your current favorite mascara?
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 4:30pm
Cover girl has recently come out with a new mascara called clump crusher it's suppose to resist clumping no matter how many coats you apply. I've never tried it yet but maybe you would be interested in checking it out.

My favs are the Maybelline Mega plush, the Black Radiance lengthening mascara, the LoreL carbon black and the Maybelline falsies.
To get the longest thickest lashes I usually use three different mascaras, I find this gives the best results and looks similar to false lashes. I also condition my lashes every night before bed by applying a bit of Vaseline or castor oil which helps keep your lashes moisturized so they can grow to their optimal length.

Women often stop and ask me which mascara I use and if my lashes are real. I achieve my look as I said by applying three different types of mascara and building them up. I also start applying right a the roots of the lashes and focus on building up the very tips. I hate wearing falsies but with my method I don't even need them.

Edited by Ericachristina - January 18 2013 at 4:31pm
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 10:30am
Quote Cover girl has recently come out with a new mascara called clump crusher

I have tried this and it works great when new. I think after a month it seem to not work well. Maybe it lost some of it's moisture or something, but for the first month it worked well.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 7:10am
Sorry I took so long to respond, but thank you! I will try those. Great tip on using 3 mascaras for movie star lashes!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 5:37pm
No problem!
I actually did a blog post about how to care for your lashes and help them grow and how to apply mascara.
you can find it at:
http://ericafashionbeautytravelandmore.blogspot.ca/2013/03/how-to-apply-mascara-care-for-your.html
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 5:59am
Originally posted by stevieb stevieb wrote:

Quote Cover girl has recently come out with a new mascara called clump crusher

I have tried this and it works great when new. I think after a month it seem to not work well. Maybe it lost some of it's moisture or something, but for the first month it worked well.

You know that pumping action we do with our mascara? Yep, that dries the mascara out. It's not necessary, just habit I guess. This tip saved my good mascara!
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

I'm looking for really long, thick eyelashes, but I've had problems lately finding good stuff that doesn't clump like crazy and look bad. I used to get Lash Out, but I can't seem to find that in any of my stores anymore, so I guess I need an update. Any suggestions? (Looking for non-waterproof.) What's your current favorite mascara?

New mascaras often clump and all you need to do is clean the wand off a little:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102936999027116496613/albums/5889839964159363729/5889840916330147394?authkey=CJ7lt8O3i9L1UQ&pid=5889840916330147394&oid=102936999027116496613

But I have this awesome trick that helps to lengthen and thicken.
Apply one layer of lengthening mascara and the second coat of thickening mascara. Amazingly effective Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic