Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KATIE'S HAIR JOURNAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
malelonglocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malelonglocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 10:57pm
I loved your post on the history of long hair :) I am soo happy with my decision to let my hair grow out. I was warned by many that there would be pros and cons to it and the pros definately outweigh the cons. For the cons, there are times when it gets in the way and it definately takes longer to wash and dry. The pros are that you ahve a beautiful head of long locks on you and you can do so many things with it. It feels amazing when it is down too. I cannot wait to see what you think of it at waist length.
Going to awesome lengths
katielocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 8:47am
I'm glad you liked the post. How did you like the one of males with long hair would be attended to last.

Unfortunately, there is always a prejudice of a group of people & at any point in history you can find the underdog or worse persecuted.

Believe me, you are not the only one that can't wait till it's waist length. I will be celebrating.

I hope your hair will grow fast, be very healthy and we both will be delighted when it reaches our goals.

Thanks for commenting.    

Edited by katielocks - February 22 2013 at 12:11pm
katielocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 6:56pm

We may think we know everything about our hair, and I’m talking more about women than men. Hair is lively, sensitive to our spirit status and also sensitive to environmental status. And yet, the hair is composed of a tissue that is not alive. That is why you won’t feel pain every time you get a haircut. Here are some interesting things you did not know about your hair.

1.     Hair root is indeed alive but it is located below the epidermis while the hair that appears above the epidermis is only made from dead cells.

2.     Hair acts as a thermal protection while our head lacks the thermal insulation fats layers.

3.     The approximate number of hairs from a scalp varies between 120,000 and 150,000.

4.     One cm3 weights 1.3 grams.

5.     We wear daily on our scalps between 5 to 200 grams of hair, depending on hair length.

6.     Hair grows with about 1 cm every month.

7.     Every day we loose between 50 to 100 hairs, more or less.

8.     In Europe, most people wash their hair three times a week while a quarter of the population washes their hair daily.

9.     80% of North Americans and 90% of Japanese people wash their hair two times a day.

10.     Once a hair has been plucked another one starts growing.

11.     Each hair follicle is completely independent of its neighbors.

12.     Asian people hair holds two records: growth rate – 1.3 cm/month and it has the lowest density

13.     African hair growth rate is the lowest – 0.9 cm/month but has the higher density per square cm.

14.     A single hair can support weights up to 100 grams. If you would knit a rope of 100 hairs, you could carry a weight up to 10 kg. Moreover, if the scalp would be strong enough, a person’s hair could sustain up to 12 tons!

15.     In terms of structure and growth cycle, women’s hair is identical to men’s hair.

16.     Less than 4% of the world’s population has natural red hair.

17.     Hair is very elastic. When it is wet, it can stretch in length by 30% without any damage. However, the elasticity degree is lower in black curly hair and higher in lighter colors.

18.     90% of your hairs are constantly growing, a hair having a lifespan of about five years.

19.     Blond hair people usually have more hairs than people with red or dark colored hair.

20.     Cutting your hair does not affect in any way the rate of hair growth, nor its texture.

Author: Alex from hairskincaretreatments.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic