Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Preserve my Ponytail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ziki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preserve my Ponytail
    Posted: March 03 2013 at 3:56am
I'm thinking of cutting off my ponytail that I've been growing for over 4 years and i was wondering if i should keep it as a memento of how long my hair was, and how to preserve it somehow. I think hair doesnt degrade easily but still after a while it should. So is there somewhere i can take it to get washed with chemicals or something so that it wont degrade and wont host any germs and microrganisms?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 11:51am
4 years! Its probably so long I would envy it! I don't know if you can bring it anywhere, but my grandma kept her long ponytail in a box for decades, and it was fine. As long as you wash it and thoroughly dry it before you cut it, it should be clean and microbe free enough. If you live in a really humid place, maybe a box with some of those silicone packets (that come in shoe boxes) in it would help keep away mildew.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic