Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men's hair: slicked-back/side-swept product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VZ743 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VZ743 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men's hair: slicked-back/side-swept product
    Posted: August 09 2014 at 3:29pm
Hi,
My hair is kind of like these styles: http://ukhairstyles.net/short-haircuts/2014-undercut-hairstyles-for-men/, but since I got the cut I have been struggling with styling products.

The problems I usually have are:
- a part of my hair is sticking out forward from the top, it's not held in place with the rest of the hair
- my hair is very light blonde and it tends to look greasy very easily
- it takes a lot of product to keep my hair flicked back totally

So what I'm actually looking for is a product that keeps all of my hair slicked back or side swept all day long, without parts flicking out, and that doesn't make my hair look greasy.

I'm not in to adding hair mousse or hairspray, I just need one product that does the job.

I hope somebody can help me with this.
Thank you!
mkeilhofer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkeilhofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 5:55pm
I've been using LA Looks Absolute styling hold #8 for many years. I put a dab on my hand, rub them together and then through my hair. The stiffness will depend on how much you put on your hand.

I use this because my hair on one side has a grain that goes the opposite of the other side and tends to stick straight out.

Sometimes, if I'm feeling the need for even more hold, I'll give the side a light spray of Paul Mitchel Freeze and Shine super spray. One 6 oz bottle has lasted over a year.

I hope that helps.
VZ743 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VZ743 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 6:07pm
Thanks I'll check that one out. Other suggestions?
michael-dv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael-dv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2014 at 7:45pm
A friend of mine uses Crew. His hair seems to always look good. I think they have it in multiple stiness ratings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic