Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair as a Mood Indicator?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair as a Mood Indicator?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:42pm
Today is yet another dark & dreary rainy day in Ohio, and it has gotten me thinking how much the little things in life (like the weather) can totally affect your overall mood. Wet rainy weather is a big downer. I had a tough time crawling out of bed today to go to work--and since I was running late, I quickly threw my hair in a french braid. Which, by the way, is the easiest & fastest style for me to do---it only takes me five minutes because I don't have to curl my hair at all when it's hidden in a braid. (Yeah, it's cheating a little!)So I was thinking how I feel down & moody with this crummy weather we're having, and my hair shows it. On days that I am happy & content, my hair will be fixed more elaborately--or I'll at least try by spending more time on it in the morning. Likewise on days that I am tired or stressed or not feeling well, I'll throw my hair in the easiest & fastest style I can--i.e. a bun or a braid. Same goes for clothes--I'll put on something I think makes me look good when I feel like "myself", but I'll throw on the most comfortable and fuss-free (and often baggy) clothes when I'm moody.Am I the only one who does this, or is this a generalization that can be made for everyone? What do you think?PS--Maybe I'm just getting LAZY because I've been pulling my hair back in a braid or bun almost everyday--I'm to the point that I don't even need a curling iron anymore! Haha, LOL!
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:42pm
> Hi, Erica!Nice to see somebody from Ohio post. I am originally from Shaker Heights.I definitely agree with you and I don't think it's 'cause I'm an Ohioan, too. I live in Virginia now and I can tell you our weather has been up and down and my hairstyles show it. It was 40 today and 70 yesterday. For me, I think consistency in weather is reflected in my hair. The ups and downs are what throw off my body and hair rhythms:)My hair is usually down, but I've been wearing a ponytail or bun for about the last two weeks. I just haven't been into doing the do or much with the wardrobe either. Purely functional. Personally, I was in your shape last winter. It was unusually dark and rainy almost until June. I felt like I hadn't laughed for months. When the sun came and stayed, it seemed like it was a great relief to everyone.I am counting the days until spring and daylight savings time.Take care,Jade21Today is yet another dark & dreary rainy day in> Ohio, and it has gotten me thinking how much the> little things in life (like the weather) can totally> affect your overall mood. Wet rainy weather is a big> downer. I had a tough time crawling out of bed today> to go to work--and since I was running late, I quickly> threw my hair in a french braid. Which, by the way, is> the easiest & fastest style for me to do---it only> takes me five minutes because I don't have to curl my> hair at all when it's hidden in a braid. (Yeah, it's> cheating a little!)> So I was thinking how I feel down & moody with> this crummy weather we're having, and my hair shows> it. On days that I am happy & content, my hair> will be fixed more elaborately--or I'll at least try> by spending more time on it in the morning. Likewise> on days that I am tired or stressed or not feeling> well, I'll throw my hair in the easiest & fastest> style I can--i.e. a bun or a braid. Same goes for> clothes--I'll put on something I think makes me look> good when I feel like "myself", but I'll> throw on the most comfortable and fuss-free (and often> baggy) clothes when I'm moody.> Am I the only one who does this, or is this a> generalization that can be made for everyone? What do> you think?> PS--Maybe I'm just getting LAZY because I've been> pulling my hair back in a braid or bun almost> everyday--I'm to the point that I don't even need a> curling iron anymore! Haha, LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic