Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Work Distractions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work Distractions
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
Beautiful hair can be a distraction at work. My office has three ladies with long hair (mid back to waist) and one with hair past her butt. I noticed the guys are always finding ways to talk to these ladies and it interfers with their work. So, I suggested to the lady with the very long hair that she should wear it up in order to reduce the number of interruptions. That wasn't such a brillant idea. She piled her hair into this huge bun on the upper back side of her head. It was so large and it made such a statement the guys couldn't take their eyes off of her. I guess they were intriqued. I actually saw one guy stealing a sniff of her bun. She was sitting and he was standing behind her chair, supposedly looking over a document, and he simply leaned forward and buried his face into her bun. Does anyone else find these long haired ladies a distraction at work?
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
> Hi, Susan!I guess some of the current slang or lingo has just invaded my brain, but I thought the subject line was appropriate.You seem to be concerned with all the attention that these long-haired ladies are receiving from the gentlemen at work because the hair may be a "distration." I think they may be distracting you a bit from your work:) Should it really be your concern whether a woman wears her hair flowing or piled on her head? If these ladies' productivity is reduced or interfering with that of others, I am sure a manager or someone in authority will address the problem appropriately. By the way, are u that manager or whatever?My grandmother used to always say that when it came to personal matters, the world would be a much better place if people minded their own business. I think she was right.Here's to long,flowing locks and hard work and dedication.Bye for now...Jade21Beautiful hair can be a distraction at work. My office> has three ladies with long hair (mid back to waist)> and one with hair past her butt. I noticed the guys> are always finding ways to talk to these ladies and it> interfers with their work. So, I suggested to the lady> with the very long hair that she should wear it up in> order to reduce the number of interruptions. That> wasn't such a brillant idea. She piled her hair into> this huge bun on the upper back side of her head. It> was so large and it made such a statement the guys> couldn't take their eyes off of her. I guess they were> intriqued. I actually saw one guy stealing a sniff of> her bun. She was sitting and he was standing behind> her chair, supposedly looking over a document, and he> simply leaned forward and buried his face into her> bun. Does anyone else find these long haired ladies a> distraction at work?
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:44pm
Hi Susan,There may be 'sexual harassment' issues involved here, but it may be more for the women with the long hair to determine than for you (in _that_ regard). However, if you notice inappropriate behavior towards other women in the office, perhaps you should speak to the men or to their supervisors about it.But for the sake of the men, don't overreact. They may not feel they were behaving in an inappropriate manner, and all that may be warranted or needed here is just a little education about what is and is not acceptable in the workplace. No harm is intended, I'm sure, and it doesn't sound like their behavior is particularly predatory.Best wishes!==Bruce> Beautiful hair can be a distraction at work. My office> has three ladies with long hair (mid back to waist)> and one with hair past her butt. I noticed the guys> are always finding ways to talk to these ladies and it> interfers with their work. So, I suggested to the lady> with the very long hair that she should wear it up in> order to reduce the number of interruptions. That> wasn't such a brillant idea. She piled her hair into> this huge bun on the upper back side of her head. It> was so large and it made such a statement the guys> couldn't take their eyes off of her. I guess they were> intriqued. I actually saw one guy stealing a sniff of> her bun. She was sitting and he was standing behind> her chair, supposedly looking over a document, and he> simply leaned forward and buried his face into her> bun. Does anyone else find these long haired ladies a> distraction at work?
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
> Please do not tell people how to wear their hair. If you are getting your work done then their hair should be none of your buisness. I have long hair(not as long as theirs)but when I am ready to do my work, I get it done. If this affects you personally and you can not get your work done then take it to a manager. If you are getting your work done, then it is not your problem and basically I see jealousy. No one has the right to tell anyone what to do. If they are not getting their work done, then that is on them. Relax and worry about yourself.
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic