Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
Hello,What is the best short hair cut you have ever had or seen?I personaly liked a very short style that I had a while back. It was cut to finger length all over the head. Very cool in the summer a real wash and go! I found that with a wild red color in it I was quite spunkey on some days!When you have a style thats done right do you feel like it gives you a bost? Or am I the only one that had spunkey hair days.:)Love to here your views!Diane K.
Zorak the Frisbee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak the Frisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Hello,> What is the best short hair cut you have ever had or> seen?...I personaly liked a very short style that I had a> while back. It was cut to finger length all over the> head. Very cool in the summer a real wash and go!At the risk of being flamed and scorched, I will answer to this, but first a caveat:I really do like long hair on women, and I like short hair on women, and lots of lenghts and styles inbetween long and short. Variety is the best thing in life....I know that some on this board think I have been getting "out of hand" with my opinions on changes in hairstyles, etc., but I am NOT some kind of evil nazi that thinks all women with long hair should just jump up and go get it all cut off. But, neither do I think that keeping one style for years and years is a good thing.Now, about the question at hand: Since I make a casual passtime out of observing women with nice hair I have seen many, many really great hairstyles, both long and short.Here are some rough definitions that I like as pertains to women's hairstyles: Short is anything that exposes the ears and/or jawline, Medium length is from jaw-length to the top of the shoulders, Long is from the shoulders on down to the bra-strap length, and Very Long is longer than that. (you can kinda tell that I have been observing for a while, huh :-)I really like to see women with dark brown hair that have a short pixie cut, kind of like what Wynonia Ryder has had in recent times. For the right woman I think this is just a drop-dead devastatingly excellent style: just as cute as can be, vary gamine and perky, kind of sporty and breezy. It just begs to be played with.I also love to see women who have a kind of Vidal Sassoon geometric haircut, kind of like the one that Dorothy Hamil is famous for. My wife got her hair cut like this last summer and it was just a great haircut. We drove all over Utah and Arizona while she had her hair short, and it was great for her because it was so cool and easy to take care of (according to her...I just liked the way it looked).Another of my favorite short women's hairstyles is the Louise Brooks bob from the 1920's. Actually, this kind of style looks good with lots of variations: slightly angled up in the back with a "tail", blunt all the way around the head with very little graduation or layering, or slightly rounded at the front to expose the jawline a bit more. Phoebe Cates had this style for a time and I thought it was her best.> When you have a style thats done right do you feel> like it gives you a boost? Or am I the only one that> had spunkey hair days.:)Oh no, I sure hope not! I just love to see women with a cute short hairstyle that look like they are having a "spunky" time....it just makes my day!> Love to here your views!I probably could expound on this until the collapse of the primordial monoblock, but I don't want people to think I am obsessed or anything :-)
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Hello,> What is the best short hair cut you have ever had or> seen?> I personaly liked a very short style that I had a> while back. It was cut to finger length all over the> head. Very cool in the summer a real wash and go! I> found that with a wild red color in it I was quite> spunkey on some days!> When you have a style thats done right do you feel> like it gives you a bost? Or am I the only one that> had spunkey hair days.:)> Love to here your views!> Diane K.helloThe shortest I ever had my hair in my adult life was above shoulder and the best style I loved was one that Donna Mills had . It was a messy look.Yes it does give me a boast when I am pampared at the stylist.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
Hi, Diane!A friend of mine cut her long red hair a few summers into a pixie style very much like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby, but somewhat softer. I don't know whether it was softer because her hair is red or because her hair is very fine, but she has a lot of it. Her normally perky personality was tenfold. She's a bit of a pixie herself, very petite, just about 5'0" and wears about a size 2 when the wind isn't blowing:)Another shorter cut which I really love is the petal cut. My mom wore that for a while. I used to tell her that she looked like she has soft flowers in her hair. Because her hair was jet black, I think the cut was even more flattering because it maximized her natural hair sheen.Great question, Diane K.!All the Best,Jade21> What is the best short hair cut you have ever had or> seen?> I personaly liked a very short style that I had a> while back. It was cut to finger length all over the> head. Very cool in the summer a real wash and go! I> found that with a wild red color in it I was quite> spunkey on some days!> When you have a style thats done right do you feel> like it gives you a bost? Or am I the only one that> had spunkey hair days.:)> Love to here your views!> Diane K.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic