Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Miss Manners..Calling Card or Somehow Improper?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miss Manners..Calling Card or Somehow Improper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss Manners..Calling Card or Somehow Improper?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:56pm
I read the Miss Manners article which Dave submitted and have to say I wondered whether her solutions were the answer to the problem of how, if at all, one deals with falling hairs.Over the years, I have found falling hairs to be a phenomenon which most people with long hair have to deal with. Personally, I am mainly concerned with them only during food preparation. I definitely take Miss Manners suggestion about putting my hair up at that time. Otherwise, they can be rather amusing at times. I say calling cards because I have had friends and family say that I have definintely been at a certain place because of the length of a hair or hairs which they have found. My mom used to bust me big time with this. When I lived with her, she could simply say that I know you were in this room, etc. because I found this [pointing to a hair]. The best excuse I could give was, well, hey mom, I could have been in that room at any time. Sometimes, it cut it ; at other times, not.Bye for now,Jade21
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:56pm
> I read the Miss Manners article which Dave submitted> and have to say I wondered whether her solutions were> the answer to the problem of how, if at all, one deals> with falling hairs.> Over the years, I have found falling hairs to be a> phenomenon which most people with long hair have to> deal with. Personally, I am mainly concerned with them> only during food preparation. I definitely take Miss> Manners suggestion about putting my hair up at that> time. Otherwise, they can be rather amusing at times.> I say calling cards because I have had friends and> family say that I have definintely been at a certain> place because of the length of a hair or hairs which> they have found. My mom used to bust me big time with> this. When I lived with her, she could simply say that> I know you were in this room, etc. because I found> this [pointing to a hair]. The best excuse I could> give was, well, hey mom, I could have been in that> room at any time. Sometimes, it cut it ; at other> times, not.> Bye for now,> Jade21Hello Jade21I Know what you mean about calling cards. It has been known that people wouldn't need to come so near to me and they would have my hair on their sweater.I find it funny about your mom and you. Thanks for sharing that.I am not sure what is the solution .Diane from Canada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic