Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Neck vs. Short Neck--How Do You Tell?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Neck vs. Short Neck--How Do You Tell?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
We've all heard that women with long necks are generally flattered by long hair.How can you tell if your neck is long or short? JerkyFlea, can you give celebrity examples of each?Thanks!Ally
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
My guess is that generally how much neck is left between the bottom of the hairline and the shoulders. I recently cut my hair short and didn't realize that I had a relatively long neck!An example of a short neck is the fitness celebrity Monica Brant. She's a beautiful woman with a great body and gorgeous long blonde hair but she does indeed have a short neck. There's an ad with her wearing a choker, and even with her near-perfect body, it's horrible. There's absolutely no room between her chin and chest! The artistic director must have been on some heavy drugs when he allowed her to wear that choker. {grin} (my apologies to Ms. Brant -- she's truly stunning but does indeed possess a short neck and should never wear a choker)In fact, that might be a good test. Wear a choker and see how it looks. If the word "bulldog" comes to mind, the person has a short neck!
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
Jena is right that the distance between the chin and shoulder area is a good measure of the actual length of your neck. So, is the choker test.I would just add a few things. Think swan. One star who I can think of is Whitney Houston. A woman with great bones and a beautiful neck. She makes me also want to add that the girth of your neck contributes to the appearance of length. She is a slender woman and there is no doubt that this contributes to the appearance of the length of her neck.Another star that I can think of is Jennifer Anniston. Actually, I don't think her neck is super-long, but, once again, she is slender.Another test to determine the length or the appearance of the length of your neck is wearing a turtleneck or one of those Victorian silk collar blouses. Generally, the more flesh that you see, the longer your neck.It's surprising how weight can contribute to parts of your body which aren't necessarily that obvious. I can remember as a child of about 9 when my ring finger size was 7, and by the age of 14, my ring finger size dropped to a 5. I had gained weight, but also about 5 inches of height.Bye for now,Jade21We've all heard that women with long necks are> generally flattered by long hair.> How can you tell if your neck is long or short?> JerkyFlea, can you give celebrity examples of each?> Thanks!> Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic