Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just thought of something -- why do have the length of hair that you do?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I just thought of something -- why do have the length of hair that you do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just thought of something -- why do have the length of hair that you do?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
Several of the posts left me with a question to throw out to everyone: No matter what length your hair is, do you wear it that length because you prefer how it looks on you or you prefer how it feels (or ease of care of the hairstyle)?When I had long hair, I loved both the look and the feel, but if I absolutely had to choose one that I preferred, it would be the look.Now I have short hair, and I definitely don't like the look! But I will have to admit that I've enjoyed a few perks that I never had before (and will take full advantage of them since I'm on a mission for growth!). I just wonder if other people with short hair prefer the feel (and how to care for it) over the look. For instance, I recently saw a photo of Marla Maples with really whacked hair (actually I should thank Marla -- she makes mine look pretty darned good!) and wondered why on earth she would cut her hair that short. I'd be astonished if she said it was that she enjoyed the look of short hair on herself.
Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
First of all, from experience of having both long and short hair, I'd have to agree that I like long hair and enjoy it more on my self. BUT it all depends on the person. Not alot of people can have long hair, because of the texture ect.. Some don't feel like deeling with it. I found that when My hair style was shorter everything worked out easier, but I just didn't like it.As for the people that chose to have really short hair, maybe thats the only style they can have.But anyways you won't truely know what you like better til you actually experience it.
RiverRat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> First of all, from experience of having both long and> short hair, I'd have to agree that I like long hair> and enjoy it more on my self. BUT it all depends on> the person. Not alot of people can have long hair,> because of the texture ect.. Some don't feel like> deeling with it. I found that when My hair style was> shorter everything worked out easier, but I just> didn't like it.> As for the people that chose to have really short> hair, maybe thats the only style they can have.> But anyways you won't truely know what you like better> til you actually experience it.On me I like it short for the ease and the feel of it. I probably look better with slightly longer hair - so I tend to go back and forth between the two. On my wife, I like the feel and look of shorter hair (I agree the hairstyle on Marla is too short - doesn't flatter her). Long hair on my wife always seemed to get in the way and didn't feel as thick as her shorter style. Her long hair would always clog the vacuum cleaner up!
Zorak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> Several of the posts left me with a question to throw> out to everyone: No matter what length your hair is,> do you wear it that length because you prefer how it> looks on you or you prefer how it feels (or ease of> care of the hairstyle)?I arrived at my current style (1/2" buzzcut) because I was tired of paying for haircuts that I was not pleased with. So I bought electric clippers and just did it myself. When I originally did it it was about 1/8"...pretty darn short! Now I keep it at about 1/2" to 3/8" all over.I guess that I am kind of lucky that most of my friends and family (and especially my wife) all think the new look (almost a year now that I have had it this way) is flattering on me....I did it strictly as a matter of ease. It is much easier to take care of in the heat.Of course their were the jokes: Did you join the Army? Did you have brain surgery? Etc, etc. Mostly those were just initial reactions to the new look, everybody has become use to it now. Especially me!Z.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
>> Of course their were the jokes: Did you join the Army?> Did you have brain surgery? Etc, etc. Mostly those> were just initial reactions to the new look, everybody> has become use to it now. Especially me!> Z.Hello:Just wanted to say I am sure you look fine. My boyfriend does that and it looks sexy on him.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> Several of the posts left me with a question to throw> out to everyone: No matter what length your hair is,> do you wear it that length because you prefer how it> looks on you or you prefer how it feels (or ease of> care of the hairstyle)?>>Hello:I would say it both. I love the look and I really enjoy the feel of my hair. I enjoy the attention I get. I also love the fact it is a lot easier for me to take care of. Styling it is much faster for me.
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
Jena,> Several of the posts left me with a question to throw> out to everyone: No matter what length your hair is,> do you wear it that length because you prefer how it> looks on you or you prefer how it feels (or ease of> care of the hairstyle)?I wear my hair long (mid-back length) because I like it that way ... always have liked long hair, probably always will. When I started to grow it long in 1996 it was to grow it until the year 2000 (or the milenium which some say is 2001). That will make it almost waist length would is what I would like.I like both the look AND the feel. I like the way it feels when it brushes my face. I like the texture when I touch it or run my hands through it. I would love if my wife would run her hands through it more often (I'm working on that!)I just finished mowing my lawn and wore a tank top. I liked the way my hair brushed against my arms, back, and face, while blowing in the wind.> When I had long hair, I loved both the look and the> feel, but if I absolutely had to choose one that I> preferred, it would be the look.I also like the way my hair looks. It is dark brown with copper highlights. Despite some grey that is appearing on the sides, it looks attractive. I have had women comment they wished they had hair like mine.Your hair must have looked lovely when it was long. I hope you weren't too disappointed that you cut it short.> Now I have short hair, and I definitely don't like the> look! But I will have to admit that I've enjoyed a few> perks that I never had before (and will take full> advantage of them since I'm on a mission for growth!).It will grow back ... hopefully quick enough for you!> I just wonder if other people with short hair prefer> the feel (and how to care for it) over the look. For> instance, I recently saw a photo of Marla Maples with> really whacked hair (actually I should thank Marla --> she makes mine look pretty darned good!) and wondered> why on earth she would cut her hair that short. I'd be> astonished if she said it was that she enjoyed the> look of short hair on herself.I never liked the way I looked with short hair. As for the feel, there wasn't much there to feel :-(Too bad Marla didn't get advice from you before she cut her hair. Hopefully she will realize her mistake and pick a style more suited to her face.Thanks for suggesting this question.Kent
Kent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic