Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If you had the choice to start all over again what improvements would you make to your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you had the choice to start all over again what improvements would you make to your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you had the choice to start all over again what improvements would you make to your hair?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
If you had the change to start all over again with your hair in life what would you improve?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
> If you had the change to start all over again with> your hair in life what would you improve?Actually, I think I would have had more frequent trims. This sounds contradictory for someone trying to grow her hair long! But thinking back, I often allowed the ends to get too thin and then it just didn't look healthy or attractive. Sometime I would go 6-8 months without a trim, and at least with my hair, that's too long of a time.Oh wait, I just thought of something. With your question, did you mean how we would take care of our hair differently, or what genetic changes we would make if we magically could?For the latter, I'd like consistently wavy hair. It's odd, when I was growing up and until about age 25 or so (I'm mid-thirties now), my hair was pretty much straight. But, as I've gotten older, it's getting more naturally curly or wavy. However, the wave is in the middle of my hair -- not on the ends and not near the scalp. It looks almost exactly like a perm would, except that I've never permed! (Well, okay once when I was 21, but it was awful and it has obviously grown out since then.) So, I'd like the waves spread out more, and also I'd like the same light blonde color I had as a child. It's getting slighter darker as I get older.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
Assuming I could make ANY changes to my hair, the biggest would be this -- instead of growth at the rate of 1/2 inch per month, I want 3 inches per month -- seriously! That way I could experiment with a huge variety of hairstyles. If I cut it too short (ahem...) or didn't like the style, no problem, just wait a little bit, and it would soon grow out! Wouldn't that be ideal?! Well, probably not for those who have a short haircut and like it that length; it would be a pain and major expense for all those frequent trims.
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:59pm
> Assuming I could make ANY changes to my hair, the> biggest would be this -- instead of growth at the rate> of 1/2 inch per month, I want 3 inches per month --> seriously! That way I could experiment with a huge> variety of hairstyles. If I cut it too short (ahem...)> or didn't like the style, no problem, just wait a> little bit, and it would soon grow out! Wouldn't that> be ideal?! Well, probably not for those who have a> short haircut and like it that length; it would be a> pain and major expense for all those frequent trims.I would have colored less often and trimed more often. I also would have never highlighted by brown hair with white hightligts! My skin, as a dear friend used to say "is casper white". So the white actualy looked gray and I needles to say looked 10 years older!Great Question!Happy Healthy Hair!Diane K.
Kennedy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
> Probably never colored it. I have been doing so since I was 16 - over 20 years and must have spent about $10,000 on that alone, apart from probably filling my body with chemicals, etc., etc. It would be kind of neat to have "virgin" hair now to see what color it REALLY is! (Apart from a few grays).
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:01pm
Kennedy, I agree! I've been coloring mine off and on for nine years, and it's just now back to its natural color. Now I can't understand why I ever colored it to begin with?! :) Also, I wouldn't have cut it off last year. . .that was a move I won't repeat!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic